Win a scholarship to the Japan Market Expansion Competition! Apply now to win a 8-month business training program. In addition, 4 runners-up will win 50% off the enrollment fee.
Entries closed. Thank you for your application.
What is JMEC？
JMEC is a business training program designed especially for English speaking business people in Tokyo, Japan. JMEC combines lectures and workshops with an extended team project where participants write an actual business plan for a project client. The top three teams win prizes that include plane tickets to Europe or a tablet from Hewlett Packard.
For more information, visit the JMEC homepage.
Participants learn skills in market research, accounting, finance, distribution, project management, advertising and public relations, group dynamics, entrepreneurship, presentation skills, and business plan development from lecturers who are professional business people and academics. Participants are placed on teams of 5 people plus a mentor and consultant to research, write and develop a business plan for a project client.
Download JMEC Brochure
Download past year's program schedule detail for your reference
Program Schedule Summary
- November: Lectures held every Saturday for 5 weeks
- January: Teams are formed and assigned a project client
- January to May: Teams research and write business plans
- May: Teams present business plan to judges and project client
- June: Winners announced at the Awards Ceremony
Eligibility and Criteria
- Persons fluent in English and currently working in Japan in the Kanto region
- Business people with at least 1-2 years of work experience
- Those who want to improve their business skills, make valuable contacts, experience career growth, and achieve personal goals
- Write a strategic business plan
- Broaden your knowledge of the Japan market & various industries
- Gain project management, entrepreneurial and teamwork skills etc.
2018 CONTEST Entry period：September 3rd to October 10th
Only registered DAIJOB members are eligible. If you are not a registered member of DAIJOB, sign up here before entering for a chance to win.
[A] Free Enrollment in the JMEC program for 1 registered DAIJOB member
[B] Winner of 50% discount (4 members)
To receive this prize, you must enroll directly to the JMEC business program. 50% of the fee (JPY75,000) must be paid by October 25, 2018.
- Participants must commit to attending the Saturday lectures and workshops on the following days:
( refer to the JMEC 25 Program Schedule ):
- Lectures : Nov. 10, 17, 24; Dec.1,8; Jan. 12 from 9AM-5PM
- Workshops: Jan. 26, Feb. 23, May 11th from 9AM to 5PM
- Participants commit to spending roughly 10 hours per week from January through May (with the exception of Golden Week) working in a team, researching and writing a business plan.
- Participants should possess an English level appropriate for business. (TOEFL 600 (paper) / 250 (computer) or more / TOEIC 800 or more (equivalent level or above))
- Participants have at least 1-2 years of work experience.
- Participants should have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
How to Apply
- Access the application page after logging into Daijob.com. You will be asked to fill in a questionnaire about why you are interested in this program, as well as about your business knowledge and what you want to learn in the near future.
- Click the “Submit” button after you finish filling in the form.
- The winner and runners-up will be informed by e-mail soon after October 10th.
- Attend one of the JMEC information sessions listed below.
- The person who participates in the program must be the same person who has applied.
- The schedule may be altered by JMEC due to circumstances beyond their control.
- The right to participate in JMEC cannot be assigned to any other person or converted into cash.
- For more details, please visit the JMEC home page or attend an upcoming information session.
- JMEC has the right to deny an applicant if English level is deemed inappropriate.
- This scholarship is for the full program, not just the lecture series.
Attend a JMEC information sessions to find out more about the business program and speak with alumni. JMEC highly recommends those interested in JMEC to attend one of these sessions. There is no fee to attend, but registration to the event is required. To register, please visit the JMEC upcoming information sessions page.
The following are the upcoming information sessions for JMEC 25.
Venue：MELTWATER, Tokyu Fudousan Ebisu Bldg. 5F, 1-18-18 Ebisu, Shibuya ; 渋谷区恵比寿 1-18-18 東急不動産恵比寿ビル 5F (map
- Thurs., Aug. 30st 19:00-20:30
- Wed., Sept. 5th 19:00-20:30
- Thurs., Sept. 13th 19:00-20:30
- Wed., Sept. 19th 19:00-20:30
- Thurs., Sept. 27th 19:00-20:30
- Wed., Oct. 3d 19:00-20:30
※For those who are not selected by DAIJOB, you can apply to JMEC directly by October 15th via the JMEC application page.