Far East Village Hotel Yokohama
Hospitality Business Specialists - Hotel
Hospitality Business Specialists - Manager/Supervisor
Hospitality Business Specialists - Travel Industry Related
|Industry||Tourism/Hotels, Lodging/Restaurant, Food Services|
- Responsible for the proper, efficient and profitable functioning of the Hotel.
- Supervise sections in Front Office, such as reception, cashier, telephone, reservation and baggage services. Monitor the junior staff’s conduct and job performance and to ensure that all staff project a positive corporate image to guests.
- Ensure that guests are attended to with promptness, courtesy and efficiency and that guest complaints are handled with tact and diplomacy. Assist in checking in / out of guests.
- Assist to inspect rooms assigned to VIPs before their arrival. Meet and escort the VIPs to their rooms and ensure that the complimentary amenities are provided. Ensure that the management team are informed of the VIPs.
- On commencement of shift to check Logbook for messages and follow up actions. Ensure keys in his/her custody are issued only to authorised personnel. Initiate correspondence regarding enquiries, reservations, and complaints. Check housekeeping discrepancy report; report any variance and take corrective actions.
- Perform duties pertaining to security such as directing guests reporting incidents, thefts, or any offences to the Security department for assistance and handle matters concerning guest’s undesirable conduct in rooms / public areas or undesirable persons loitering around in co-ordination with the security department.
- Maintain cash float amount in accordance with expected occupancy. Authorise rate and room changes, paid outs, cash advances, acceptance of cheques according to procedures and credit policies.
- Responsible for training of all reception staff including planning, organising and conducting OJT.
- Monitor room inventory closely to ensure maximum utilisation of rooms to generate higher revenue. Assist Sales to maximise revenue and occupancy from group allotments.
- Directly responsible for the evacuation of staff and guests during a fire. Attend trainings which require by law and regulation.
Situated in the heart of downtown Yokohama, Far East Village Hotel Yokohama targets business travellers. This 277-key property is a five-minute drive to the central business district and a three-minute walk to Sakuragicho and Kannai stations. Guests will also be able to Eat, Play, and Explore like a local at cultural enclaves such as Chinatown and the Red Brick Warehouse, and attractions such as the Cup Noodle Museum and Cosmoworld.
【Measures against passive smoking】No smoking indoors allowed.
3 Rotating Shift work required, 60 mins break
Morning shift: 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
Afternoon shift: 1:30PM to 10:30PM.
Night Shift: 10:30PM to 7:30AM.
- Minimum Diploma or degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Minimum work experience of at least 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Acute business acumen with the ability to lead teams and drive results.
-Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
-Positive & driven attitude.
-Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
-Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
-Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
※English resume is necessary for document selection. Please submit it when you apply.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
Hiring for permanent or contract position
Probation period required as per company policy.
Three-minute walk to Sakuragicho Station
Three-minute walk to Kannai Station