Volex Japan Co., Ltd
Sales/AE - Manufacturing Sales
Executive - Manager (Sales/Marketing)
Marketing/PR - Business Development/Corporate Planning
|Industry||Electronics, Components, and Semiconductor Manufacturing|
Overview Job Profile
The Business Development Manager is a hands-on contributor responsible for driving Volex direct sales with key OEM accounts in Japan and their overseas subsidiaries (eg. China, Vietnam, Indonesia, Singapore, etc.).
Working with internal and backend support teams, including inside sales and customer service colleagues, you will be targeting and expanding new customers and opportunities within the region, and deeper alignment and penetration of existing customers. Depending on business growth, customer base, sales revenue and job scope, a Business Development Manager may be required to lead an inside sales executive.
■Primary Role & Responsibilities
• Meet and exceed the sales target set for each fiscal year
• Explore and develop new customers and industry segments, mainly on Electric Vehicle (EV) and Datacom/Telecom (High-Speed products)
• Create and maintain all customer records and information
• Responsible to manage and follow-up on all visits to customers by all Volex visitors
• Set the image for Volex in the mind of the customer through our Japan and APAC (Singapore) offices
• Increase opportunities and pipelines in SFDC, via developing new customers and growing new projects in assigned existing customers
■Secondary Role & Responsibilities
• Working with our Volex factories, manage our inventory levels to ensure Volex’s liabilities are kept at optimal (& minimum) levels.
• Working with our Volex finance, ensure payments are received promptly and AR records are clean.
Key Skills & Competencies
Highly motivated and results driven, with a proven track record of consistent sales growth and exceeding goals. A natural self-starter with ability to identify, target, qualify and develop targeted Volex TAM accounts with capabilities for converting into design wins and regional sales revenues.
• Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering preferred with at least 8 years of OEM field sales experience selling complex technical solutions in the Interconnect, Semiconductor, Networking or/and Power equipment industries preferred
• Excellent communication skills required for internal and external presentations. The candidate must be proficient at communicating effectively with both design engineering and purchasing contacts at the customer as well as with all relevant internal Volex functions.
• Sales, business development and marketing competence essential
• Healthy competitive drive, detailed and creative, team player with synergistic style, accountable and reliable
• Strong industry network at OEMs in market segments mainly in EV/Automotive and/or Datacom/Telecom
• Experienced commercial negotiator managing key strategic partnerships and relationships. Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook, as well as sales tools (eg. Salesforce)
• Strong project management skills with excellent ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
• Outstanding presentation skills and fluent in Japanese and English
• Willingness to travel (~50%) within Japan, and (~10%) Asian countries
• Expected to exhibit leadership capability and guide a small (and regional) team towards achieving business objectives.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
We will set the annual salary depending on your experience, so we will inform you at the time of the interview.
Bonus (summer, winter)