EIRE Systems K.K.
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Monitoring
IT (Hardware/Network) - Communication Infrastructure (Including ISP and Career)
Senior Network Engineer - Investment Bank, Trading System Infra
- Major Financial Institution
- Location: Tokyo, Japan.
- Proprietary Trading System Platform Infrastructure
- Network Operations Support and Projects for expansion and continuous improvements
EIRE Systems partners with a major financial institution in Tokyo, to manage a dedicated infrastructure for a suite of proprietary Trading Systems and other critical business applications.
Working onsite at our client's Tokyo head office, the role functions as a member of a team of Network and Server specialists to both support the production environment and to engineer improvements to the environment to enable expansions and increased complexity.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer (CCNP level) for an immediate opening in this team.
Qualified applicants will have the technical knowledge and experience required to support a live network environment including Cisco switches and firewalls and a mix of routing configurations.
Financial industry experience preferred but not essential.
The Senior Network Engineer will function as a member of the team to:
• Monitor the health of the network using various enterprise Network monitoring, analyzer and performance management tools
• Manage and respond appropriately to alerts and users requests in accordance with corporate operational standards
• Contribute ideas regarding Network Architecture and propose technical solutions to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with the team to design, plan and execute changes requests such as firewall settings, device replacements, configuration changes and updates/upgrades.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve LAN/WAN problems, performance and security issues
• Cisco switch and router and firewall maintenance
• Adhere to Network Engineering documentation standards for all changes/requests
• Create and update detailed network diagrams and reports.
• Advanced level knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 network designs and expertise in supporting a variety of enterprise Cisco switches and routers.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and execute improvements in a production network environment.
• Expertise for multiple routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, static routing)
• Experience setting up, configuring and supporting firewalls, preferably Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
• Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) knowledge (including working with multiple VRFs and inter VRF routing);
• Knowledge/ Experience building, designing or implementing New Generation Datacenter Design, e.g..: Spine-Leaf architecture (Preferred);
• Cisco Nexus 9000 configuration experience (Preferred)
• Multicasting - configuration experience (Preferred)
• Technical knowledge of Transparent Firewall configurations (Nice to Have)
• Professional level English communication skills.
• Japanese language skills are a definite advantage.
*Applicants must have permission to work full-time in Japan and be available to interview in Tokyo at short notice.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Minimum Communication Level|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
|We are open to hiring this role as a full-time permanent employee (FTE)|