PEAK DMC JAPAN
Finance/Accounting - Accounting/Finance
|Industry||Tourism/Hotels, Lodging/Restaurant, Food Services|
Asia Japan Kyoto
Oceania Australia Victoria
Europe United Kingdom London
This position is a foundational role on our recently opened DMC’s management team. It is expected that a small finance team will report into this role in the future as the local company matures. Some tasks will initially be the responsibility of the incumbent and may move to direct reports as required at a later date.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing the financial, system and management accounting function for PEAK DMC Japan to meet the requirements of the General Manager, PEAK DMC Global and regulatory authorities within Japan. The Senior Accountant contributes to the overall direction of PEAK DMC Japan by being part of the DMC’s management group, and ensures the accurate and timely recording and reconciliation of the financial transactions of the company including supplier and contractor accounts.
• Business performance management
• Establish and maintain accounting systems which meet PEAK's business needs and align with global business
- Management reporting
- Company tax planning
- Statutory compliance
- Corporate governance
- External audit
- Cost management
START UP ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Accounts payable and expense reimbursement
• Cash and bank account management
• Tour leader/guide accounts
PEAK Destination Management Company is part of the Intrepid Group the world’s largest adventure travel company. We operate amazing journeys for Intrepid Travel, Peregrine Adventures, Gecko’s, and many more. PEAK DMC Japan commenced trading in early 2017 and is based in Kyoto, Japan.
PEAK is a global leader in sustainable experience-rich travel. We specialize in small group adventure tours and annually carry over 250,000 visitors to more than 100 countries. The company is privately owned with headquarters in Australia and offices around the world.
|Working Hours||9am - 6pm|
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree level qualifications or higher with at least 3+ years’ experience in a related role
• Experience and knowledge of complex accounting packages
• Practical general finance and accounting experience in a foreign invested business would be well regarded
• Practical general finance and accounting experience in Japan
• Written and verbal communication skills in English and strong written and verbal communication in Japanese.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to foster teamwork
• Outstanding organisational skills, tenacity and attention to detail
• Passion for travel in the adventure travel style would be an advantage.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 5500K - JPY 6500K
（Monthly Salary Range: JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 458.333K - JPY 541.667K *Divided into12month ）
|Social insurance, commutation allowance, education/training, annual leave, study or travel leave, one free of charge Intrepid Group trip per year|
• Paid annual leave and public holidays
• 5 days annual study or travel leave
• One free of charge Intrepid Group trip per year
Located within Kyoto Research Park.
Nearest station Tambaguchi Station