IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Tech Lead/Lead Engineer
We're looking for a Senior System Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our global engineering team. To succeed in this position, you will be an experienced developer with deep knowledge of cloud platform validation and issue resolution.
We know how rare your talent is, and we understand its value. We offer premium benefits packages including equity plans and flexible schedules. Our culture is open, warm, and focused on giving you everything you need to deliver at the top of your game.
The company is a rapidly growing software solutions company focused in restaurant ordering, delivery, and CRM. Companies including Google, Apple, Instagram, FB, and Uber use our web services and applications, and work with us behind the scenes to make the global food ordering industry go. Would you like to work on a global platform that serves thousands of businesses and 140M+ users across APAC? That's what we do.
The company is a low-key company that puts our customers’ success above all else, and places engineering on a pedestal to guarantee that success. Many of our staff, even in non-development roles, is technically capable if not an outright developer. We set a very high bar and this has brought our business success, because the best typically want to work with the best.
1. Develop and integrate tools for cloud platform deployment, validation, and health assurance
2. Engineer cloud platforms for stability under load and dynamic traffic conditions
3. Engineer cloud platforms for durability in the face of attacks, and identify and ameliorate security events
4. Support and identify production issues and independently identify cause, driving the issue down to source
- At least 5 years SRE experience focusing on Production Support of Cloud Platforms in AWS or GCP
- At least 2 years application development experience
- In-depth knowledge cloud architecture, deployment, and validation strategies
- Broad knowledge of platform monitoring and validation tools
- Strong ability to quickly and independently recognize and diagnose root-cause of production issues
- Familiarity with network issue resolution in TCP/IP and DNS domains
- Experience working in a small team and taking ideas from design to completion.
- Like to choose the best tools and tech for the job, to build high-quality software.
- Iterating towards greatness across multiple releases is something you enjoy.
- You value observability, predictability, and stability in production environments, and know how to achieve it.
- Ability to communicate in English with colleagues while solving engineering issues.
Tech you should know:
- Back-end: NodeJS, Express, RESTful APIs, Microservice Architecture
- Monitoring: StackDriver, CloudWatch, NewRelic, ELK/EFK, DataDog
- Deployment: Chef, Puppet, Cloud Formations
- Network: Wireshark, Postman, Command-line tools
- CDN: CloudFront, Cloudflare
- Servers in-general: Kubernetes, GCP, AWS
- Stuff we use: GitHub, CircleCI, Slack, Asana, Mixpanel, Intercom, Kibana
|English Level||Native Level|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 9000K - JPY 15000K|