|This posting is managed by:||j Career Co.,Ltd. / 株式会社 j Career|
|Company Name||Company is not publicly visible|
Creative (Media Related) - Editor/Writer/Copywriter
Education/Training/Language Specialist - Translator
Education/Training/Language Specialist - Localization
We seek experienced writers/editors for full-time positions developing content for English-proficiency tests.
1. Write, edit, and proofread content for reading, listening, speaking, and writing tests according to detailed test specifications.
2. Take part in intensive editorial meetings in which proposed content (sometimes your own) is critiqued and revised.
3. Assign and manage subcontracted work, evaluating the performance of item writers and providing feedback and further training.
4. Train, manage, and evaluate examiners and raters.
5. Rate responses from speaking and writing tests.
6. Assist at test sites as an administrator or examiner.
7. Report to senior editors and section managers.
8. Perform general office work as needed.
9. Maintain courteous, professional spoken and written communication in both Japanese and English.
The atmosphere in our office is friendly, creative, and collaborative, but it can also be quite intense due to the high-stakes nature of the tests we produce. Successful candidates will be flexible and well-organized, thrive under pressure, meet deadlines, and care deeply about spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style. You will work as part of a team of committed, professional editors of various nationalities, gain expertise in language-test development, and further develop your writing and editing skills, all while directly contributing to English-language education in Japan.
This company is Japan's largest testing body and a leader in international education. Established in 1963 in cooperation with the Japanese education ministry, the company is an incorporated nonprofit foundation with a clear purpose: to advance English learning in Japan by providing accessible, affordable assessment tools for learners at all proficiency levels.
Now in its fifth decade, this company administers a wide range of English tests for education and business, sponsors and conducts research into testing and language acquisition, and plays an active role in international conferences and testing councils.
The company is best known for its main product, their original English Test.
[Measures against passive smoking]
No smoking indoors
|Working Hours||Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. plus overtime as needed; occasional weekends.|
1. Native English speaker.
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher; TESOL certification preferred.
3. Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
4. Experience writing or editing materials for publication; test-development experience strongly preferred.
5. Experience teaching English at a Japanese junior and/or senior high school.
6. Advanced Japanese language skills (JLPT Level N2 or higher).
7. Able to work as part of a team in a Japanese office environment.
8. Reside within commuting distance of central Tokyo.
9. Strong desire to contribute to English language education in Japan; interest or background in language testing or applied linguistics a plus.
|English Level||Native Level|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 4000K - JPY 4500K|
Monthly salary of 300,000 yen, two annual bonuses, paid annual vacation leave, overtime pay, commuting allowance, and other benefits.
Complete with social insurance
Full transportation expenses (up to 50,000 yen per month)
Lunch allowance (20,000 yen a month)
Complete weekly two-day system (Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays) * Saturdays and Sundays sometimes go to work
|【Contract Period】 Renewable one-year|
5 minutes walk from Kagurazaka Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai Line
3 minutes walk from Ushigome Kagurazaka Station on the Toei Oedo Line