|This posting is managed by:||UNLOCK DESIGN Inc.|
|Company Name||Company is not publicly visible|
IT (Other) - Data Analyst/Data Scientist
IT (Other) - Machine Learning/AI Engineer
This position is responsible for the design and construction of data analysis infrastructure from the early phase in "ALCHEMISTA," the industry's first, Japan's first, and the world's first product and solution with secret computation capabilities.
ALCHEMISTA is a next-generation materials informatics and secret computation solution for the chemical industry, and we announced its development in November 2022, and conducted a PoC of ALCHEMISTA with Otsuka Chemical in August 2023 to confirm the usefulness of MI for inter-company data collaboration using secret computation.
In order to realize the expansion of the scope of provision of ALCHEMISTA, we will focus on the pains and feedback that users have, and conduct verification and product/solution development concerned with the value that should be provided through data analysis.
【Roles and Responsibility】
• The job description is as follows: Assume one of the following tasks in the product team.
- Design and build data analysis infrastructure to add and improve functions of existing products (early phase)
- Design and construction of data analysis infrastructure for product/solution planning from prototyping to full development
• The data to be analyzed are mainly highly confidential industry data in the chemical and manufacturing industries (e.g., experimental data including chemical structures, material compositions, and physical properties, data on manufacturing processes, data on product supply and demand, etc.).
• The project will develop an analysis infrastructure that will safely realize data utilization (materials informatics) in materials development, which contains a lot of confidential and unofficial information, and which is unprecedented in the industry, with a view to the operation phase
We were established in December 2016 with the mission of "safely utilizing all kinds of data and turning them into value". We are in the business of "securely collecting data" and "transforming data into value".
Our secret computation platform, which enables the collection, analysis, and AI processing of data in encrypted form, contributes to the realization of secure data utilization within and between group companies.
Since its establishment, the company has received awards and collaborated with enterprise companies such as JR East, Toshiba, Mitsui, and SAP Japan.
- Tokyo Venture Company Championship" sponsored by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Forbes JAPAN Rising Star Award
- Winner of ICT SPRING EUROPE 2019
- Director General's Award of Small and Medium Enterprise Agency at Japan Venture Awards 2020
- EY Innovative Startup 2020
- Winner of the Financial and Regulated Industry category at the GET IN THE RING World Competition
The number of employees has increased by 10 in the last one year and we aim to be a company with 90 employees in three years.
Hours:10:00 - 19:00
- Full Flextime system available
• 3+ years of experience working with products/solutions related to data analysis (data analysis infrastructure, hands-on experience designing and developing DWH and BI systems)
• At least 3 years of experience in agile development
• Daily conversational level of Japanese (communication with team members in Japanese will be required)
• Daily conversational level of English (or if you want to learn from now on, that's fine too)
• Experience with products/solutions related to AI/machine learning (ML model development, MLOps, etc.)
• Experience as a DBA
• Work experience as an application engineer
• Experience in the chemical/pharmaceutical/biotech industry or a Master's degree or higher in a related field
• Master's degree or higher in informatics/mathematics related area
【Who we're looking for】
• Those who share the vision of the company and its product (ALCHEMISTA)
• Those who want to be involved in the 0 -> 1 development of products and solutions
• Who are able to act quickly and flexibly even in situations where there is no right answer, and you are able to promote things by repeating trial and error
• Who enjoy working with diverse team members and achieving results in a team environment
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Daily Conversation Level|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 6000K - JPY 9000K|
(1) Working style
・ You can come to the office or work remotely, depending on the day
・We have a full-flex system, so you can flexibly decide when to start and end your workday
(2) Life Support
・ Anniversary leave: Special paid leave can be taken on important anniversaries for each employee
・Sick Leave: In addition to annual paid leave, employees can take up to 5 days/year of special paid leave in case of injury or illness
・Some employees take maternity leave and childcare leave, enabling them to achieve a good work-life balance
(3) Study Support
・Employees can take English conversation lessons or Japanese lessons if they wish
・Employees are provided with a monthly subsidy of up to 5,000 yen for the purchase of books, allowing them to purchase technical and business books at their leisure
・There are subsidies for attending seminars and for acquiring qualifications
・Various social insurances and medical examinations are provided.
Childcare leave and nursing care leave
・Transportation expenses paid (up to 50,000 yen per month for commuter pass)
・No smoking indoors
• More than 125 days off per year
• 2 days off per week (Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays)
• Annual paid vacation: granted after 3 months of employment
• Summer vacation: 3 days between July and September
• Year-end and New Year vacations
• Maternity and childcare leave
• Special leave for congratulation or condolence
• Anniversary leave
• Sick Leave
【Conditions / Benefits】
• Employment type: Full-time
• Remote Type: Hybrid (Flexible Work Hours)
• Probation: 6 months