Hospitality Business Specialists - Travel Industry Related
Hospitality Business Specialists - Reservations Management
Sales/AE - Customer Success/Client Success
|Industry||Tourism/Hotels, Lodging/Restaurant, Food Services|
As a member of the Operations team, the Operations Staff plays a key role to ensure that Discova meets and exceeds its goals and operates successfully. The Operations Staff will work in partnership with Operations Manager to execute the operational standards and requirements that will drive customer satisfaction and productivity.
This will involve the delivery of best-in-class service and memorable local experiences for the customer. Operationally, the role will be responsible for assigning and managing the fleet, handling operational issues, and continually providing feedback to management on risks and possible improvements in the ways we operate our products. You have a strong desire for structure, high organizational skills, and love working according to procedures and schedules. You thrive on being meticulous and methodical.
【Fleet Assignment and Management】
• Handling and making reservations for transportation.
• Ensure the appropriate allocations of in-house Drivers and outsourced transport suppliers efficiently.
• Work closely with the Reservation team to ensure all transfer logistic details are fulfilled according to company SOP.
• Responsive to any change in logistics and give constant updates to related parties (Drivers, Suppliers, Guide, Airport Concierge, etc).
• Effectively cooperate with OPS, Reservations, Products, Sales, Customer Experience, and Suppliers for seamless daily operations and overall service improvements.
• Ensure all drivers and guides follow Discova’s and the government's health and safety regulations while delivering a high-quality service to all customers.
• Keeping close relationships with all suppliers to ensure the best value-added cooperation and ensure Discova’s policies and SOPs compliance
• Consistently implement the company's One-Best-Ways (OBWs) processes/procedures/systems.
• Empowered to initiate the new, better OBWs, through the proper channels.
• Conduct driver and tour guide briefing and debriefing.
• Prepare specific amenities for each driver’s task (baby seat, etc) and have them ready for the driver to collect.
【Customer Service Experience】
• Ensure all details of each transfer and tour have been checked before passing on the task to drivers and tour guides
• Ensure 24/7 support on the ground for client’s complaints and incidents
• Resolve customer service issues to customer satisfaction with appropriate corrective and preventive measures
• Maintain maximum profit on Discova's fleet, through the first assignment and high-yield orders.
▪ Ask as well as participate in any pieces of training or upskilling recommended by the Fleet Team Leader or that you feel relevant to your role.
▪ Ensure you maintain up to date with product knowledge and understand Discova’s offerings.
▪ Ensure you discuss business improvement and efficiencies with your leader.
Discova is a global DMC (Destination Management Company) with more than 20 years of experience delivering outstanding travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally, and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Smoking indoors is prohibited.
|Working Hours||Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:30 (including 1-hour break)|
・Degree in tourism and hospitality is an advantage
・Fluent Japanese language abilities
・Intermediate/Advanced English language abilities
【Skills and Attributes】
• Well-developed problem-solving skills
• Customer-centric with a commitment to high standards of service delivery
• High attention to detail & strong time/priority management skills
• Able to work independently or in a team environment
• Flexible rotating roster that may include late nights, weekends, and early mornings
• Ability to work with uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure.
• Willing to travel on business when required
• Personally, aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Google Workspace
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Fluent(JLPT Level 1 or N1)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 4000K - JPY 5000K|
・Hybrid-remote working options
・14 days of annual leave from the start date
・1 day volunteer day per annum
・Birthday Leave so you can celebrate your special day doing something you love
・5 days of Sick Leave per annum
・Longevity Leave and Study Leave
・Great discounts on destinations if traveling in a Discova-operated country
・Full weekly two-day system (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)
·New Year holiday season
・Annual paid vacation (14 days from year one)
|Full-time permanent position|
|Nearest Station||The office is about a seven-minute walk from Kanda Station (JR Lines: Chuo Line, Keihin-Tohoku Line, Yamanote Line Tokyo Metro: Ginza Line)|