IT (Mainframe) - QA/Quality Control/Testing Engineer
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering Quality Assurance (QA) Director with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
We are looking for an IT Quality Assurance (QA) Director to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure software (business application) product quality.
QA Director responsibilities include people management, overseeing test designing, implementing tests, defining corrective actions, and promotion of test automation. You will also review and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
The QA Director role plays an important part in our company’s IT development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting comprehensive tests before the product/or new function launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets our business needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and can enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to IT quality problems, this is a good opportunity to you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all phases of testing (e.g., System Integration Test (SIT), User Acceptance Test (UAT), Security Compliance Test) to promote testing automation using CICD pipelines and a synthetic testing tool such as Selenium and RPA.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to develop a suitable test plan
- Support to create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Assist to design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Monitor test process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies including adoption of DevOps
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience in IT engineering
- Proven work experience in IT Quality Assurance or equivalent activities
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with automated testing tools (Junit, Xunit, SonarQube, Veracode, Selenium, Robotics)
- Solid knowledge of programing languages and middleware
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Business Level both English and Japanese
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 11000K - JPY 15000K|
Commuting/ Transportation Allowance