EIRE Systems K.K.
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
IT (Hardware/Network) - SRE Engineer
IT (Hardware/Network) - Communication Infrastructure (Including ISP and Career)
- Major Financial Institution
- Location: Tokyo, Japan.
- Proprietary Trading System Platform Infrastructure
- Network Operations Support and Projects for expansion and continuous improvements
EIRE Systems partners with a major financial institution in Tokyo, to manage a dedicated infrastructure for a suite of proprietary Trading Systems and other critical business applications.
Working onsite at our client's Tokyo head office, the role functions as a member of a team of Network and Server specialists to both support the production environment and to engineer improvements to the environment to enable expansions and increased complexity.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Senior Network Engineer for an immediate opening in this team.
The Senior Network Engineer will :
• Represent the network team, as the senior networks SME during critical client meetings.
• Validate technical feasibility of requests coming from the client
• Review plans for changes prior to submission for change approvals.
...and function as a member of the team to:
• Monitor the health of the network and respond appropriately to alerts and users requests in accordance with corporate operational standards
• Perform maintenance activities on Cisco switches and routers (Cisco Nexus 9000/3000 among others) and firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA); working with the team to design, plan and execute changes such as firewall settings, device replacements, configuration changes and updates/upgrades.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve LAN/WAN problems, performance and security issues
• Contribute ideas regarding Network Architecture and propose technical solutions to meet the needs of the business.
• Work on network engineering projects aimed at reducing manual workload through automation.
• Contribute towards Network Automation transformation, Software Defined Networking and CI/CD for zero touch deployment (Network as Code); Develop, test, present for reviews and implement approved automation solutions.
• Adhere to Network Engineering documentation standards for all changes/requests
• Create and update detailed network diagrams and reports.
*Applicants should be eligible to work full-time in Japan and be available to physically access the the client site in Tokyo as and when needed.
EIRE Systems is a leading independent provider of professional IT services to the financial, insurance and multinational sectors in Japan and throughout the Asia Pacific region. EIRE Systems has expertise across a wide spectrum of Information Technologies, with a track record for successfully completing hundreds of projects and IT services assignments since its establishment in 1996.
We provide professional IT services, both project-based and ongoing operational support, in two main areas:
1. IT Services (Managed Services, Remote, On-call and On-site Consultants)
2. Project Management Consulting
EIRE Systems provides a wide-range of career choices for internationally-minded technology and support professionals. From the company’s small beginnings, EIRE Systems continues to increase its local, regional and global expertise.
We have established offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai and are reaching further as we grow our presence throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
• Advanced level knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 network designs and expertise in supporting a variety of enterprise Cisco switches and routers, preferably Cisco Nexus configuration experience.
• Expertise for multiple routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, static routing)
• Demonstrated ability to identify, recommend and execute improvements in a production network environment.
• Network troubleshooting skills utilizing tcpdump or other command line packet capture tools.
• Skills and experience parsing syslog messages
• Experience setting up, configuring and supporting firewalls, preferably Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
• Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) knowledge (including working with multiple VRFs and inter VRF routing);
• Multicasting - configuration experience (Preferred)
• Knowledge/experience designing, implementing and/or supporting New Generation Datacenter Network Design, e.g.: Spine-Leaf architecture (Preferred)
• Scripting skills for automating network administration tasks, preferably using Python (Preferred)
• Experience in one or more automation frameworks such as Ansible, Saltstack or Nornir (Preferred)
※ Applicants should be eligible to work full-time in Japan and be available to physically access the the client site in Tokyo as and when needed.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Minimum Communication Level|
|Salary||Depends on experience|