官公庁/団体 - 官公庁
事務系 - 国際業務
The Trade Commissioner Associate is responsible for promoting Canadian commercial interests through the Canadian Government Trade Office in Osaka, including: budgeting; arranging meetings and providing logistics for visiting dignitaries, visiting industry representatives;
• Supporting Canadian businesses including through: Organizing, participating in and reporting on business meetings, networking events, trade shows and other promotional initiatives that promote Canadian exports to Japan.
The Associate will also research and report on government policies that may impact Canadian exports.
• Conducting Research and Managing Budgets: The Associate will also conduct business-related market research, manage budgets and work closely with the NGOYA and OSAKA team to support Canadian clients and Japanese contacts to organize logistics for seminars, visits and major trade shows.
• Teamwork and cooperation: The position requires the ability to operate as a member of a team, to work under pressure, resulting from quickly changing priorities.
• Effective communication: The position requires the ability to communicate effectively in English and Japanese in writing and orally, with the ability to adapt style and tone based on the audience/client and the issues being addressed.
Over the past 90 years, Canada and Japan have been working together as business partners and allies to build a better world, and have maintained a dynamic relationship as neighbors across the Pacific Ocean.
Today, Japan-Canada relations are energetically promoted by scholars, artists, young people and people of all fields, as well as business people and government officials. A network of wide and deep relationships, such as government agreements and cooperation mechanisms, business alliances, sister city building, and inter-organizational cooperation in all areas, make it strong and unwavering.
【Measures against passive smoking】
Smoking is prohibited on all Canadian Embassy grounds.
• Must be willing to travel within Japan and internationally; and
• Must be available for occasional duties outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends).
• Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with a one-hour lunch break each day
【HOW TO APPLY】
• Applications must be submitted through the Government of Canada Job Opportunity website by 23:59, January 29 2021, Japan
• Only applications received through the aforementioned website before the closing date will be accepted.
• Applicants should send a résumé and cover letter (no more than four pages), in English or French which addresses each of the essential qualifications and any assets qualifications with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
• Candidates will be assessed against the Statement of Merit Criteria for this position based on what they have included in the covering letter, NOT their resume. Failure to demonstrate in your cover letter how you meet each of the Essential Qualifications may result in your application being rejected.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• We thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only contact those who pass the initial screening.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university preferably with a major in a discipline
related to the job requirements or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or
• Fluency in English and Japanese, both written and spoken
• Significant experience * in working with Japanese and non-Japanese organizations (e.g.
companies, government) in an international business/trade environment
• Significant experience organizing logistics for visits/commercial events/seminars
• Significant experience conducting market development/sales activities in Japan
• Experience managing budgets
• Experience conducting business-related market research
• Experience summarizing and interpreting large amounts of information into concise communication for colleagues, management or stakeholders.
* Significant experience is defined as two years or more. Experience is defined as 6 months or more.
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of event management principles, including logistics and promotional planning
• Knowledge of Japanese customs, culture and business practices
• Knowledge of standard office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to draft promotional text in English and Japanese
• Ability to prepare reports and communications products through forums such as social media
• Ability to write concise and effective business communication in Japanese and English
• Ability to work independently, to prioritize tasks, and troubleshoot problems, under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to generate creative approaches to solving problems and work related tasks
• Ability to conduct research and effectively summarize complex information
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Client service focus
• Work with minimum supervision
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and CV.
• Knowledge of the Kansai region’s current business environment in the area of consumer products, wood products, pharmaceuticals, cleantech, IT.
• Experience working in an international organization such as an Embassy, multilateral organization or multinational corporation
• Ability to speak and write in French
• Experience in monitoring and assessing contract performance/external service providers
• Knowledge of Canadian industry
【Condition(s) of Employment】
The successful candidate must:
• Have a valid “Reliability Status”, security check is required prior to appointment. The required level of security clearance must be maintained throughout the employment period.
• Have the ability to maintain a valid working authorization in Japan for the duration of the employment term. If applicable, proof of Visa is required.
• Health assessment may be requested at the discretion of the Head of Mission.
【Area of selection】
This position is open to all qualified candidates meeting the requirements outlined in the Statement of Qualifications, including Embassy employees, spouses/dependents of Canada-based staff. The applicant must be in Japan at the time of application and interview. Candidates must be eligible to work in Japan and must possess all required work permits and Visas. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Japan does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
• Please note that the Government of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Applicants who fail to confirm their attendance at our written exam and/or interview will be considered withdrawn from the process.
• Applicants are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language (English or French) in their application.
|英語能力||流暢 (TOEIC 865点以上)|
|年収||日本・円 600万円 〜 1100万円|
• Employee is eligible for commuting assistance (up to JPY 18,300 per month.)
• Canadian citizens may be subject to deductions for employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan, and Canadian Income Tax.
・Saturday and Sunday plus 14 days (mixture of Canadian and Japanese National holidays.)
・Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Embassy of Japan
5 minutes walk from Shinsaibashi Station
6 minutes walk from Honmachi Station