人材紹介Michael Page International Japan K.K./マイケル・ペイジ・インターナショナル・ジャパン株式会社
その他の職種 - その他の職種
事務系 - その他
The Venue Assistant will support operation and testing of result collection before and during the Olympic events!
* Support the Venue Results Manager in the daily activities within the Technology Results Team: OVR (Omega team), PRD (Tokyo 2020 results print distribution team)
* Assists in daily activities with Technology Operation Center (TOC), Technology teams at the venue and various Functional Areas (FA) at the Venue
* Actively contribute to ensure that the daily timelines are met by all team members
* Ensure all incidents are tracked in the IT Service Management tool and follow the Incident Management Process
* Monitor all Results services to ensure they are working as expected and raise an incident if an issue is identified
* Follow all Operation policies and procedures, including but not limited to Change Management Process and ORIS procedures
* Oversee issues raised by the Print Distribution Supervisor regarding the PRD application
* Other assignments as required
* Fluent in Japanese, good communication in English
* Bachelor's Degree or higher
* Competent PC user
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Well organized, detail focused, and quality oriented
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment
* Ability to work in a high pressure environment
NICE TO HAVE
* Previous experience/knowledge in summer Olympic Sports (or a specific sport)
* Once-in-a-lifetime chance to become a part of Olympic Family and participate in the biggest multi-sport event in the World!
* Shift hours and travel in Tokyo 23 Wards required (travel costs will be paid)
* Project position: June 2019 - August 2020 (non-renewable contract)
* Hourly rate: 1,800 JPY
Page Group Japan is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
On Venue Results (OVR) is the system that captures all the timing and scores from automated systems or manual inputs from judges. All the information is formatted and distributed through data messages.
The company's applications receive the messages from OVR including the Official Website and the Official Mobile App for all spectators worldwide or more specialized services such as the Commentator Information System to support TV and radio commentators.
Before the competition starts, a final series of tests and simulations are performed to make sure the data flows end-to-end.