人材紹介Michael Page International Japan K.K./マイケル・ペイジ・インターナショナル・ジャパン株式会社
IT関連（インフラ系） - ネットワーク監視
IT関連（インフラ系） - 通信インフラ （ISP・キャリアを含む）
The Data Center Lead is responsible for overseeing the execution of local data center operations at one or more data center properties together with Data Center Manager. Data center operations include, but are not limited to:
* Engineering operations and core infrastructure maintenance
* Data center construction management, commissioning and start-up
* Execute all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
* Supervises all construction activity and installations, in coordination with internal and external construction resources, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards. Witness testing of all equipment during commissioning and validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation.
* Manages provisioning of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to data center customers.
* Manages all local customer installations, in coordination with Sales Engineering, Design & Construction and Colocation Operations to coordinate customer move-ins and turn-ups, including deployments, power circuit installations and connectivity requirements.
* Oversees local installation, maintenance and repair of all network infrastructure supporting all company and customer connectivity in coordination with internal IT and network personnel.
* Supervise local engineering team to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to guarantee execution of company's periodic maintenance program and maintenance calendar.
* Develop, implement and audit local standard operating procedures, sequence of operations and maintenance standards to be in compliance with company's standards and industry best practices.
* Supervise local change management processes including the review and approval of all Method of Procedures (MOPs) for maintenance and one-time/emergency repair events in coordination with onsite personnel, contractors and customers.
* Manage all maintenance and repair contracts to ensure compliance with maintenance standards and operational requirements. Confirm all vendors are qualified and adhere to company's performance standards and scopes of work.
* Responsible for timely execution of data center services such as remote hands, customer installations and service requests.
* Supervise security personnel and manage security systems including the adherence to security policies and compliance programs (as required by the Real Estate Manager)
* Act as primary technical and operational contact for data center customers - both as the technical lead and local point of escalation during emergency events and day to day operations. Develop knowledge of customer's core business and the business function of the customer's local datacenter operation.
* 7 - 10 years related facility management experience in data center operations (or related electrical or mechanical engineering field) with minimum of 3 - 7 years' experience managing or leading data center operations teams in a large-scale mission critical environment. Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
* Solid and proven experience in the construction, commissioning, acceptance and operation of mission critical systems, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems
* Extensive knowledge of structured cabling systems, networking and connectivity standards, and hardware installation requirements.
* Proficient experience in colocation operations, including the installation and deployment of cage, rack and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring.
* Experience working with and deploying telecom and network providers, specifically in Meet Me Room and POP room environments
* Experience managing a change control environment
* Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine event root causes, performance shortfalls and required corrective actions.
* Knowledge of industry data center standards, policies & methodologies
* Knowledge of performance management & critical awareness methods and implementation standards
* Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
* Experience managing own budget and analysing expenses
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and familiarity with Microsoft Project, Visio or AutoCad
* Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), and power metering systems.
* Permanent employee
* Regular working schedule: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (1 hour lunch break) - overtime upon discretionary scheme
* Holidays: Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays
* Benefits: Social Insurance, transportation
応募は、以下の応募ボタンからお願いします。詳細につきましては、Samuel Loweryにお問い合わせください+813 6832 8639
|Our client is a small sized foreign capital company that focuses on data-center management and data-center construction. Currently our client has 25 employees in Japan and maintain 3 different data-centers.|
|勤務時間||9am to 5:30pm (1 hour break)|
|年収||日本・円 600万円 〜 800万円|