Nikkei Inc./株式会社 日本経済新聞社
クリエイティブ(広告/出版/放送/映像関連) - Gデザイナー/DTPオペレータ－/イラストレーター/印刷関連
クリエイティブ(インターネット関連) - Webデザイナー/コンテンツ企画・編集
クリエイティブ(広告/出版/放送/映像関連) - 編集/コピーライター/記者
**Please note that only those currently residing in Japan will be considered**
Nikkei Asian Review, a leading English-language business news outlet is currently seeking an energetic and internationally minded Senior Data/Graphic Designer to join our rapidly expanding and evolving newsroom.
• Work closely with editorial and design team to achieve a shared goal while keeping brand consistency
• Identify, propose and execute design ideas that will further enhance and expand the readers’ experience
• Translate raw data into creative, easy-to-understand visuals that work across the web, mobile, SNS and print
• Assist with commissioning and directing work from outside illustrators and concept development and execution of magazine covers
The position provides a great opportunity for professional growth through staff training (e.g. QGIS, D3 coding). The ideal candidate will be dynamic, self-motivated, open to change as the news industry changes, have the confidence and imagination to visually present complex topics as well as be self-motivated to stretch beyond current storytelling forms to enhance the reader experience.
The designer will report to the editor-in-chief. You will work under the direction of the design editor and the design manager. The designer will work closely with other members of the editorial staff as well as junior designers to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of digital and print material.
Annual report design experience is a plus. Experience working in a fast-paced, international news/media environment even more so. The designer should be a challenge seeker with a strong collaborative spirit and the ability to deal with stress under tight deadlines.
■About Nikkei Asian Review
The Nikkei Asian Review offers comprehensive reports from across the region by website, a weekly print edition and mobile app. In April 2018, it was honored with a bronze prize in the Asian Media Awards by the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers, or WAN-IFRA, for its coverage of foreign students and undocumented immigrants in the U.S. under President Donald Trump.
Nikkei Inc. is a world-renowned media brand for Asian news, respected for quality journalism and for being a trusted provider of business news and information. Founded as a market news provider in Japan in 1876, Nikkei has grown into one of the world’s largest media corporations, with 37 foreign editorial bureaus and approximately 1,300 journalists worldwide.
Nikkei acquired the U.K.-based Financial Times in 2015. Our combined digital and print circulation totals over 3 million, and we are continually deploying new technologies to increase our readership.
**Must have valid working visa for Japan**
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in data analytic/design field
• Minimum of 5 years of coding/design experience. Experience in a newsroom environment a big plus
• Experience designing editorial content in English. Designing annual reports useful
• Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign a must. Experience working with mapping software a plus (Google Earth Studio, QGIS)
• Portfolio that displays a strong design sense: data visualization, concept development and typography
• A considerate team player with a professional attitude
• Able to articulate design concepts clearly and professionally to non-designers (desk editors, writers, etc), provide honest feedback in a constructive manner
• Ability to create engaging original graphics accurately under tight deadlines that are visually consistent with the brand image
• Confident communicating in an English-language work environment a must. Ability to communicate in Japanese a plus
• Data visualization, motion and interactive graphics, typography, photography
• Willingness to learn from, teach and inspire those around them
• Aware of current design trends in the media industry
• Interest in current affairs, international politics and business news
• Excited to grow, learn new skills, software to keep up with the rapidly changing media industry
|英語能力||ビジネス会話 (TOEIC 735-860)|
|年収||日本・円 550万円 〜 700万円|
Long-term care insurance
Employee's pension insurance
Annual holiday: 109days
Annual paid leave
|契約期間||1-year renewable contract|
|最寄り駅||Chiyoda Subway Line, Otemachi Station Exit C2b|