人材派遣RGF Professional Recruitment Japan Contract Division
IT関連（オープン・WEB系） - データベースSE
IT関連（汎用系） - データベースSE
IT関連（インフラ系） - サーバー・マシン運用・保守
The Japan Office is currently looking for Field Engineer (FE) that performs delivery of service functions as required by our customers’ needs. FE ensures that the repair of customer equipment, and that it is ultimately functional according to the original manufacturer’s specifications. Responds to “after hours” emergency service requests. Tests and inventories all spare parts and systems in the local office. Customer Satisfaction is the primary goal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to customer service requests within the contracted response time.
• Field service engineers are to be prepared.
o Checks with customer contact for equipment symptoms
o Brings all required spares plus whole unit replacement whenever possible.
• Analyzes, diagnoses and repairs customer reported problems.
• Keeps the local Manager informed of service problems progress by calling within an hour of arriving on site with status.
• Follows all escalation procedures as outlined in the company policy.
• Provides technical support to peer field service engineers.
• Polls customers after the completion of service calls to ensure that the call was done professionally, to their satisfaction, and in a timely fashion. Reports information to his Manager as needed.
• Works to keep repeat calls to a minimum.
• Preventive Maintenances are to be performed according to the schedule.
• Assists in preparing zero spare analysis reports for new contracts and submits them to their Manager for review prior to the start of a contract.
• Discusses call procedures and proposed resolutions with the Manager prior to all service calls to ensure that calls are being handled in accordance with company procedures.
• Returned parts from customer sites are to be tagged, tested and a decision is to be made on their disposition.
• Orders spare parts as required to maintain stocking levels and timely parts replacement.
• Reviews inventory reports and ‘Field Returns’ daily.
• Stage, test and install customer ordered equipment.
• Participate as member for Asia Competency team to provide domain expert advice
• Backup the Service Manager role during his absence
|The company is the world’s leading pre-owned and third party maintenance provider for networking and data center equipment. Headquartered in the US, with offices in 12 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, the company is reshaping the IT industry by challenging the OEMs and their outdated end-of-life (EoL) policies. These EoL policies are forcing end-users to waste millions of dollars in unnecessary and premature technology refreshes. By disrupting the status quo and debunking EoL myths, we give control back to the end-user, giving them more choice and freedom over how they procure, maintain, and when they refresh their technology assets.|
• Possess a full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the company
• Familiarity with system installation, hardware replacement procedures and firmware upgrades
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in business level Japanese
Professional Qualities and Experience:
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Technology, or equivalent work related experience
• A minimum 2 years of experience in field service
• Thorough product knowledge and skills in hardware and operating systems for any of the following products:
o EMC Storage
o Hitachi Storage
o Hewlett-Packard ProLiant servers
o Hewlett-Packard Storage
o Dell PowerEdge servers
o Dell Storage
• Ability to interpret and diagnose system error logs
• Ability to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor
• Skills to assist in motivating staff and deal effectively with performance problems.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English & Japanese