エルゼビアジャパン株式会社／Elsevier Japan K.K.
総務/人事 - 人事(給与/福利厚生)
総務/人事 - 人事（その他）
総務/人事 - 総務
Purpose of the Job:
This role provides the people management advice to the business leaders in a consultative manner, to help the business achieve both the business and people goals in japan office. This role is also to support HR Director to develop people strategy for Tokyo Office. He/She will work very closely with the Japan HR team to execute all people activities, and provide the necessary guidance and coaching to people managers to enable them to execute their people processes.
Key Result Areas:
Leadership & People strategy (approx. 15% of time)
• Understand the business strategy and support HR Director to develop people strategy.
• Part of Japan HR team, contribute to the formulation and implementation of Japan HR strategies, policies and guidelines
• Works closely with the Japan HR Director to ensure country practices are aligned to APAC practices and country business needs
• Provide proactive, trusted and credible advice and HR solutions on people practices to leadership team
• Provide HR Policy guidance & ensure proper execution of Global approval processes
Provide quality HR solutions and advice to line leaders (approx. 60% of time) Employee Engagement
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues and provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning
• Encourage motivational practices, fair treatment and good interpersonal relations among employees
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
Execution of people processes (approx. 20% of time)
• Ensures timely execution of all annual people processes and ensure the organization completes the processes in a timely manner
• Provide guidance to people managers to ensure all people processes are well executed.
• Works with the Shared Service team to ensure all administration support meets the requirements of all HR policies and people processes.
Talent Acquisition (approx. 5% of time)
Works with the TA team to ensure timely recruitment of open positions
• Ensure proper interview process and assessment of candidates
• Provide expert advice on candidates’ suitability to the open positions, and highlight areas of concerns/developmental areas to hiring managers to ensure sound recruitment decisions are made
Elsevier is a global leader in the development and dissemination of scientific, technological and medical knowledge. We serve researchers, professionals, and clinicians, through the application of technology and analytics to content, empowering them to create knowledge, contribute to social progress, and enhance human well-being. This is what Elsevier means to humankind today. Translate that into career fulfillment and you will know the real benefits of joining a company of people that is constantly innovating to inspire ground breaking research. Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific content, serving the needs of the scientific, technological and medical markets. Over 1 million research papers were submitted to Elsevier in 2013, which following peer review resulted in the publication of 350,000 articles in over 2000 journals.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Facilitation & behavior interview skill
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (and any other requirements)
At least two-year experience as a HR, generalist, recruitment and training & development (except payroll)
Business level English
|英語能力||ビジネス会話 (TOEIC 735-860)|
Flexible Work Arrangement
– Possible to work for 7 hours per day within the timings of start and end of the workday with supervisors’ approval.
In addition to standard medical insurance, you will also have coverage for treatments in addition to and above the coverage from the standard medical insurance. This includes hospitalization and surgery.
Life Insurance, TPD and Critical Illness included
Annual health check
Retirement Plan/ DC
in to a company operated retirement plan.
Saturdays and Sundays
(1) first year : Prorated depending on month of joining ~12
(2) 2nd year：14 days
(3) 3rd year：16 days
(4) 4th year：18 days
(5) 5th year and beyond：20 days
Employees are entitled to 5 days of designated leave every year; the first year will be prorated.
max 2 days sick leave/ year
Special Leave, maternity leave, birthday leave
Our company is located next to Tokyo tower.
Akabanebashi and Kamiyacho are the nearest stations.