教育/トレーニング/語学系 - 教師/講師/インストラクター
Yaruki Switch Group is opening a brand new Kids Duo International school in Nishinomiya City in Hyogo Prefecture, and as such is looking for a skilled and enthusiastic English teacher for an immediate start!
The school is scheduled to open for the April 2024 school year and is looking for teachers interested in taking advantage of this unique opportunity to help build the school from the ground up. Depending on your experience and skill set, you may have an opportunity to work as a Lead Member of the team.
Your first month of employment will be spent participating in our comprehensive Initial Training program at one of our established KDI schools, after which teachers will take part in preparations for the new school year at KDI Hyogo.
■ Our Teaching Style
Kids Duo International is a state-of-the-art bilingual kindergarten with a fully tailored curriculum of English, Japanese, and Physical Education. Our programs are designed to nurture children's confidence and motivation, and prepare them for a lifetime of learning and success!
Kids Duo International teachers can expect to cover a broad variety of English subjects such as Reading & Writing, Phonics, Songs & Chants, Arts & Crafts, and Show & Tell with classes of 24-30 students aged 2-6. Our students also participate in a plethora of Japanese-language classes & activities as well, including Music, Vocational Role-play, and our expansive Physical Education program, the aptly named (and student-favorite) “Ninja Class.” Native English instructors accompany their students throughout all of these programs, and are encouraged to participate as well!
■ Main Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Duties as a Kindergarten Teacher:
• Communicating with Japanese teachers (using a bilingual teacher if necessary)
• Teaching students manners, proper behavior, and basic life skills
• Actively interacting with students throughout the day
• Actively participating in sports class and outdoor play
• Assisting Japanese teachers in their classes
• Assisting with toilet training
• Preparation for/ Participating in school events (Field trips, Summer Festival, Sports Day, Halloween, Christmas, Music Festival, etc.)
• Enthusiastic participation in front of students and parents on school event days (dancing, singing, putting on a play, competing in sports events, etc.
English Teaching Duties:
• Teaching English classes
• Managing a classroom of up to 30 students (ages 2 to 6)
• Preparing weekly lesson plans
• Regularly evaluates student progress
• Ensuring students reach English goals
• Finding time to look for new activities, games, songs, etc.
• Marking student workbooks
• Writing weekly comments for each student
• Preparing report cards for each student (twice a year)
• Cleaning the classroom and common areas (including bathrooms)
• Working on company and school event days (designated Saturdays, Sundays, or national holidays throughout the year)
• Working morning or evening extended childcare hours when necessary (7:30-8:30 or 17:30-20:00)
• Preparing/wearing a proper Halloween costume to match the classroom theme (each classroom decides its theme)
• Preparing/wearing a traditional Japanese outfit (Yukata, jinbei) for Summer Festival (school event)
|Yaruki Switch Group is the largest private education group in Japan, comprised of 8 total brands with more than 2,000 directly owned and franchise-managed schools nationwide. Leveraging 30+ years of industry experience, our English language schools – Kids Duo, WinBe, Kids Duo International, and i Kids Star – are specifically tailored for young learners, with a focus on teaching through fun, hands-on activities and exposure to practical, usable English!|
Working hours will be between 7:30~20:00, Monday-Friday (occasional special events also held on weekends as well). The usual shift for KDI teachers is from 8:30 - 17:30.
Teachers may also be asked to work paid overtime in the mornings and evenings, if able.
• Native level of English
• Passionate and enthusiastic about teaching children
• Willing to commit for at least one year
• University Degree (or possess a self-supported working visa such as a long-term resident visa, spousal visa, permanent residence, or Japanese citizenship)
・Experience working at Pre-schools, After-schools, or English conversation schools is a plus!
|年収||日本・円 300万円 以上|
【What we can offer】
• Starting monthly salary of ￥250,000 ~ (depending on skills and experience)
• Pay raise & career advancement opportunities available based on performance
• Renewal bonus of ￥100,000 upon successful completion and re-signing of a 1-year contract
• 10 paid days of leave/year (after 6 months of employment), in addition to national holidays
• Fully-paid comprehensive initial training included, in addition to regular training workshops throughout the year
• All work-related commuting costs reimbursed
• Social Security & Health Insurance provided
• Visa sponsorship and renewal support available
【Holidays and days off】
・Staff generally work a 5-day work week (Sundays off plus 1 additional day a week)
・Public holidays, summer & winter holidays, paid holidays and miscellaneous holidays are also included
・Holidays may vary among brands
※Some school events are held on weekends (Halloween, Christmas, Spelling bee etc.)
|契約期間||Contract Employee （1-year renewable contract, 3 months trial period）|
|最寄り駅||Nishinomiya City, Hyogo Prefecture (About a nine-minute walk from Nishinomiya-Kitaguchi Station.)|