官公庁/団体 - 官公庁
事務系 - 国際業務
企画/マーケティング/PR - 広告・宣伝/コミュニケーション/PR
• Reporting to the Senior Media Relations Officer, this administrative position provides support and services to the Media Team and to the broader Public Affairs Program, including assistance with media relations activities, conducting research for responding to media inquiries, and maintaining databases.
• The person in this position reviews incoming correspondence and screens telephone calls. He/she also develops content for various social media platforms, and assists with video and photo editing, as well as drafting, reviewing and posting content, and assists with social media monitoring, and analysis of social media metrics.
• The person in this position provides financial management and coordination support in the form of administration of financial processes, and regular reporting. He/she also assists in the planning and delivery of meetings and events including through logistical support for visits of senior level officials, coordinating calendars, and making travel arrangements.
• The person in this position maintains contacts in government, diplomatic, media and other circles in order to arrange appropriate engagements.
*** Please note that the successful candidate must obtain a Reliability Status (security clearance) before the start of employment. Obtaining a security clearance may take at least 12 weeks or more as this is a process done in Canada.
【Organizational Needs, Operational Requirements】
• Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
• Must be available for occasional duties outside normal working hours (i.e. evenings and weekends).
• Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30 with a one-hour lunch break 12:30-13:30. Saturdays and Sundays are rest days.
【HOW TO APPLY】
• Only applications received through the Government of Canada Career Opportunities website before the closing date will be accepted.
• Do not include personal data such as; age, date of birth, gender, marital status, family status, religion or a picture in your application form, CV nor cover letter (as required). Please only include information relevant to the vacancy as requested in the job poster.
• You must clearly demonstrate in answering the screening questions how you meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. You must provide specific examples to demonstrate clearly how you meet the qualifications. Global Affairs Canada cannot make any assumptions about your studies nor experience. Simply saying you have the required qualifications or listing your current duties will not be sufficient. Instead, you must provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly explain where, when, and how you gained the experience. No additional information will be sought beyond what you submit in your online application.
• Candidates may be required to upload a CV and/or a cover letter in English or French. These documents may be used as a secondary source to validate the answers to the screening questions.
• Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information and/or whose are not received by the closing date will be rejected.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and résumé how they meet each of the essential qualifications.
*Language will be assessed further during the process.
• Minimum of a Bachelor degree from a recognized university
•Fluency in Japanese and English (written and spoken)
• Recent experience (at least one year obtained in the last three years) in providing client service in a time-sensitive environment
• Experience in problem resolution
• Experience in handling sensitive and/or confidential information
• Experience in contact database management
• Experience in logistical and administrative support
• Experience in working with various social media platforms
• Experience in managing payments and financial reporting
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of running an office
• Knowledge of Japanese media outlets
• Knowledge of content development for social media platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Client service oriented
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Attention to details
• Computer literacy using standard office software systems (i.e. MS Office)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Ability to research key information in support of media needs
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications.
• Writing and oral skills in French
• Knowledge of Canada
• Experience working in an international organization office environment such as an Embassy, multilateral organization or multinational corporation.
【Condition(s) of Employment】
Conditions of employment must be met or complied with before being appointed to a particular position, and are to be maintained throughout the employment while being the incumbent of this position.
• Valid work authorization: Ability to obtain and hold a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period.
• Security screening: Obtain and maintain a Reliability Status (security level) which includes a criminal and credit background check from the Government of Canada covering the entire employment period.
Special requests from mission and additional comments:
• Please note that the successful candidate must obtain a Reliability Status (security clearance) before the start of employment. Obtaining a security clearance may take at least 12 weeks or more as this is a process done in Canada.
【Area of selection】
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work without restrictions in Japan, who demonstrates how they meet all qualifications as outlined in the Statement of Merit Criteria, and whose applications are received before the closing date.
Please note that The Embassy of Canada in Tokyo, Japan does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered based on merit. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
• Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French).
• The language requirement for this position is identified under the essential qualifications (language). In consequence, the assessment process for this vacancy will be conducted in English.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates must provide an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
• Reference checks may be sought for candidates who succeeded all of the assessments.
• Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Japan does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Before an offer of employment can be made, successful candidates must provide a local residence address as proof of residence in the specified area of selection. This information is necessary to issue a letter of offer.
• The results of this selection process may also be used to establish one or more pools of fully or partially qualified candidates for similar term, indeterminate, part-time or full-time openings at the Embassy of Canada to Japan which might arise following the completion of this selection process.
|英語能力||流暢 (TOEIC 865点以上)|
|年収||日本・円 500万円 〜 950万円|
• Employee is eligible for commuting assistance (up to JPY 18,300 per month).
• For Canadian citizens/residents and Canadian dual nationals, please note that it is your responsibility to enquire with the Canadian Revenue Agency about any possible taxation implications linked to an employment with the Government of Canada.
• Please note that the Government of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• Saturday, Sunday and Embassy holidays
• Annual leave
• Sick Leave
• Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
• Contract Type: Indeterminate (Full-time)
• Term Details: This position is a Locally Engaged Staff position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Japan.
• Job Function: Administrative
• Classification: LE - A2
• Location: The Embassy of Canada to Japan
• Number of Vacancies: 1
• Closing date for application: 30 November, 2022 at 23:59 UTC/GMT +9:00
5 minutes walk from Aoyama-ichome Station, Ginza Line, Tokyo Metro
5 minutes walk from Aoyama-ichome Station, Hanzomon Line, Tokyo Metro
5 minutes walk from Aoyama-ichome Station, Oedo Line, Toei Subway