官公庁/団体 - 官公庁
事務系 - 国際業務
企画/マーケティング/PR - 広告・宣伝/コミュニケーション/PR
・Reporting to the Senior Media Relations Officer, this administrative position provides support and services to the Media Team and to the broader Public Affairs Program, including assistance with media relations activities, conducting research for responding to media inquiries, and maintaining databases.
The person in this position reviews incoming correspondence and screens telephone calls. He/she also develops content for various social media platforms, and assists with video and photo editing, as well as drafting, reviewing and posting content, and assists with social media monitoring, and analysis of social media metrics.
・The person in this position provides financial management and coordination support in the form of administration of financial processes, and regular reporting. He/she also assists in the planning and delivery of meetings and events including through logistical support for visits of senior level officials, coordinating calendars, and making travel arrangements.
・The person in this position maintains contacts in government, diplomatic, media and other circles in order to arrange appropriate engagements.
Over the past 90 years, Canada and Japan have been working together as business partners and allies to build a better world, and have maintained a dynamic relationship as neighbors across the Pacific Ocean.
Today, Japan-Canada relations are energetically promoted by scholars, artists, young people and people of all fields, as well as business people and government officials. A network of wide and deep relationships, such as government agreements and cooperation mechanisms, business alliances, sister city building, and inter-organizational cooperation in all areas, make it strong and unwavering.
The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other factor. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment and discrimination, as well as encouraging and supporting employees to learn and develop their skills and competencies.
【Measures against passive smoking】
Smoking is prohibited on all Canadian Embassy grounds.
【Organizational Needs, Operational Requirements】
• Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
• Candidates must be able and committed to work additional hours as required, and on short notice, which may include evenings and weekends.
• Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30 with a one-hour lunch break 12:30-13:30. Saturdays and Sundays are rest days.
【HOW TO APPLY】
• Only applications received through the Government of Canada Career Opportunities website before the closing date will be accepted.
• Applicants must indicate their work authorization in Japan for the duration of employment (i.e. Japanese nationality, long-term/permanent residency, or their spouse/dependant). Applicants without the required and appropriate work authorization will be eliminated.
• Applicants should send a cover letter and a résumé, in English or French, which address each of the essential qualifications and any assets qualifications with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language. Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and résumé how they meet each of the essential qualifications.
• Minimum of a Bachelor degree from a recognized university
• Fluency in Japanese and English (written and spoken)
* Language tests may be administered
• Recent experience (at least one year obtained in the last three years) in providing client service in a time-sensitive environment
• Experience in problem resolution
• Experience in handling sensitive and/or confidential information
• Experience in contact database management
• Experience in logistical and administrative support
• Experience in working with various social media platforms
• Experience in managing payments and financial reporting
The Rated Requirements relating to knowledge, abilities and competencies will also be assessed. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Knowledge of running an office
• Knowledge of Japanese media outlets
• Knowledge of content development for social media platforms
• Computer literacy using standard office software systems (i.e. MS Office)
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Ability to research key information in support of media needs
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Problem solving skills
• Client service oriented
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Attention to details
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the Asset Qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and résumé.
• Writing and oral skills in French
• Knowledge of Canada
• Experience working in an international organization office environment such as an Embassy, multilateral organization or multinational corporation.
【Condition(s) of Employment】
• Be eligible to work in Japan and must possess all valid work authorization covering the employment period (i.e. Japanese nationality, long-term/permanent residency, or their spouse/dependant).
• Have a valid “Reliability Status”; security check is required prior to appointment. The required level of security clearance must be maintained throughout the employment period.
• Health assessment may be requested at the discretion of the Head of Mission.
【Area of selection】
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work without restrictions in Japan, who demonstrates how they meet all qualifications as outlined in the Statement of Merit Criteria below, and whose applications are received before the closing date, including embassy employees, spouse and dependents of Canada-based staff. Candidates must be available to participate in any tests and/or interviews at the Embassy of Canada to Japan, in Tokyo, during the competitive process. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Japan does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our organization offers an inclusive workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture. Canada’s missions abroad are committed to promoting and supporting an environment free from harassment
• Applicants who fail to confirm their attendance at our written exam and/or interview will be considered withdrawn from the process.
• Applicants are entitled to participate in this appointment process in the Canadian official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language (English or French) in their application.
• The results of this recruitment process may also be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for similar positions with various linguistic requirements and/or profiles, and/or various tenures at the Embassy of Canada in Tokyo, Japan, which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this recruitment process.
|英語能力||流暢 (TOEIC 865点以上)|
|年収||日本・円 500万円 〜 950万円|
• Employee is eligible for commuting assistance (up to JPY 18,300 per month).
• Canadian citizens may be subject to deductions for employment insurance, Canada Pension Plan, and Canadian Income Tax.
• Please note that the Government of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
・Saturday, Sunday and Embassy holidays
・Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Japan.
5 minutes walk from Aoyama-ichome Station, Ginza Line, Tokyo Metro
5 minutes walk from Aoyama-ichome Station, Hanzomon Line, Tokyo Metro
5 minutes walk from Aoyama-ichome Station, Oedo Line, Toei Subway