EIRE Systems K.K.
IT (Other) - IT Help Desk
IT (Other) - In-house System Operator
IT (Other) - Customer Support Engineer
Fantastic entry-point opportunity into the Financial Services industry, for a junior to mid-level IT Helpdesk / Desktop Support Engineer (i.e. 1-3 years experience).
Your bilingual (Japanese & English) talents, friendly and customer-centric attitude, aptitude for learning new technology and hunger to develop your skills and advance your career will be key to success.
In this customer-facing role, you'll work with an international team, to deliver and support desktop and office-based technology solutions for all groups across the company (a mid-sized global Finance/Securities company).
You'll support and troubleshoot issues with a variety of technologies including but not limited to: Windows Desktop, basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Cabling), Remote Access Connectivity (VPN), Corporate iPhone and BYOD software/tools and Telephony systems.
- Directly support the technology user queries onsite in-person and remotely (via phone and video communications tools, email, instant messaging, remote access tools)
- Give training to internal staff on new technology products and initiatives.
- Build and deploy PCs, laptops and mobile computing devices; updating/maintaining inventory records.
- Deliver small projects daily, such as staff moves, software deployments or hardware rollouts.
- Liaise with external vendors and off-site teams for support or maintenance work.
- Take ownership of client technology problems or requests, keeping people updated on the status, until satisfactorily resolved.
- Perform local server/comms room support and maintenance
- Occasional after-hours/weekend support may be required, particularly for server/comms room support. This may include such activities as power-downs or business continuity testing.
Technologies in-scope will include but not be limited to:
- Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Office 365, Active Directory and other Windows-based software/tools
basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Cabling), Remote Access Connectivity (VPN)
- iPhone and iPad, Android, and the associated management software
- Desktop hardware, LAN cabling, printers and various other peripherals and devices.
- (On the job training to be provided for): Various business applications and Finance industry Market Data applications such as Bloomberg, Reuters, EBS, Factset. Telephony systems (Cisco VoIP phones / Dealing Consoles / Voice Recording)
For more than 25 years, EIRE Systems has provided professional IT Services to multinational corporations operating in Japan, as well as Japanese companies looking to expand into overseas markets.
Working with our clients we:
• Manage their IT infrastructure and technology upgrade projects.
• Design and implement new technology solutions.
• Support and manage their existing IT environments using our on-site and remote Managed Services and Outsourcing Solutions.
As a company that started up here in Tokyo, EIRE Systems is owned and managed by IT professionals who are originally from Ireland. We have built a truly international business culture, offering a unique blend of Japanese and Western business practices.
EIRE Systems provides a wide-range of career choices for internationally-minded technology and support professionals. From the company’s small beginnings, EIRE Systems currently has 150 Tokyo-based employees and is expanding it’s local, regional and global expertise. We have established offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai and are reaching further as we grow our presence throughout the Asia-Pacific.
Measures against passive smoking: No smoking indoors allowed
|Working Hours||09:00 - 18:00|
Qualifications and Experience:
● Business-level Japanese and confidence communicating at work using English (both verbal and written proficiency).
● Experience working within a corporate environment, providing technical support for business people.(1-3 years experience)
● Academic background in IT and/or professional certifications such as MCP, MCSA, CompTIA A+
● Experience working with service management software tools or ticketing systems.
● Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with local and overseas support teams.
※ Applicants should be eligible to work fulltime in Japan.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|