Shell Japan Limited
General Affairs/HR/Legal - HR (Payroll/Benefits)
General Affairs/HR/Legal - Other
The role exists for the purpose of ensuring that payroll is prepared in a timely and accurate manner. It is also intended to drive operational excellence in the various local HR systems & processes by analysing and validating the process/data in a timely and proper manner.
• Reports to Country HR Manager, an individual contributor
• FTE Scope: Over 250 employees in Shell Japan Limited by 1st Jan 2021 vs the current 48 employees
• Execute complex local HR processes especially payroll, in line with existing policies and procedures, assuring high quality data management in Shell People and effective documentation
• Troubleshoot payroll processing errors, identifies issues and recommends solutions to improve overall service delivery of the team.
• Complete reconciliation of source payroll data and prepare files for payroll processing
• Take ownership of end-to-end HR system and processes
• Lead / Participate in local and global projects.
• Liaise with HR Business Partners, HRiC, Employees, and Business Line Managers, as required in order to resolve process and payroll issues.
• Contribute to best practice sharing within the team, striving for continual improvement in service delivery, and participating in improvement initiatives.
• Drive knowledge management through ensuring job aids and process documentation are of high quality and updated as required.
• Focal point for document control of local payroll, remuneration and benefits.
• Establish a health committee and work closely with the industrial physician.
[Measures against passive smoking]
No smoking indoors allowed
|Working Hours||Full flex system|
• Strong knowledge and experience in HR systems and processes particularly payroll.
• Stakeholder management skills.
• HR administrative/operational experience
• Deep knowledge of Payroll legislation & reporting rules
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented & used to work under tight deadlines with significant amount of output required.
• Demonstrates strong sense for HR Service Excellence and a strong team player.
• Ability to ensure confidentiality and protection of employee data based on Data
• Ability to independently work on complex process and payroll cases with minimal supervision
• Strong IT skills
• Good command of the English language (verbal and written communication)
• Employee Centric and Service Excellence mindset
• Ownership - end to end accountability for resolution.
• Payroll regulations, tax, social insurance
• Payroll accounting
• Knowledge of local policies, and the associated processes
• Working knowledge of different IT-systems (e.g. Workday, SAP)
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 6000K Over|
* Salary will be finalized based on experience and ability. (Estimated annual income: 7.14 million yen to 8.04 million yen)
Fully equipped with social insurance
Full transportation expenses
Employee stock ownership association
Education and training
Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
|Full-time employment (trial period: 6 months)|
|Nearest Station||2 minutes on foot from JR Tokyo Station Yaesu Exit South Exit|