International SOS Japan LTD
Health/Nursing - Medical (Doctor/Dentist/Psychotherapist/Counselor)
Health/Nursing - Other
The Employee shall at all times carry out his/hers duties within the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath, consistent with best ethical and medical practice. Flexibility to allow for clinical work or practice available.
【Overall Purpose Of The Job】
This position serves as the TRICARE Near Patient Physician Lead for a specific country in which there may be multiple Near Patient Physicians and Nurses. This position is responsible for and provides clear medical leadership for the Near Patient efforts within the country to include both Prime and Prime Remote beneficiaries.
The Program provides end-to-end care experience facilitation for TRICARE beneficiaries as they journey through purchased care sector provider care in selected regions outside the United States. The Near Patient Physician Lead serves as the liaison between the local Near Patient Medical Teams, the MTF (Military Treatment Facility) leadership, and the PCSPs (Purchased Care Sector Providers). In this role, the Near Patient Physician Lead will promote productive dialogue between all listed parties to assure success of the Near Patient Program.
• Training other Near Patient Physicians and their subordinates about International SOS, the US Military health care system and the TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP).
• Promoting and facilitating the education of PCSPs regarding International SOS, the US Military health care system and the TOP.
• Promoting and facilitating the education of MTF leadership regarding International SOS, TOP, and the Near Patient Program objectives.
• Qualified and experienced medical practitioner who understands nuances of host nation medical care and understands US beneficiary expectations of care
• Has strong relationship with medical leadership at PCSPs
• Has strong relationship with medical leadership at MTFs
Near Patient (TRICARE)
• Management and Administration (TRICARE)
o Through direct supervision, provide support to the Near Patient Physicians
o Facilitate effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
o Establish regular communication mechanisms to ensure the effective transmission of information to TOP medical staff on organizational and business objectives.
o Interface with the Near Patient Physician to assure alignment.
o Provides regular reports to the Near Patient Regional Medical Director on the status of the program to include any interactions with the MTF, network and International SOS staff as well as any feedback to include compliments, complaints and suggestions from these stakeholders.
• Service Delivery
o Overseeing Inpatient Medical Management within the AOR
o Drive strategic TRICARE initiatives in the region, as they relate to the Near Patient Program.
o Demonstrate an understanding of the differences in the scope of services we provide the client.
o Knowledge and adherence to International SOS internal policies and procedures, as well as policies and procedures outlined by our clients.
o Ensure that patient’s information is stored appropriately in related systems and follows the internal procedures on privacy. Patient information is not shared with other departments or externally.
o Communication with clients and colleagues is professional and meets business standards.
o Achieve relevant objectives / KPI’s as outlined by Near Patient Regional Medical Director.
o Support Quality Assurance initiatives working closely with Head of Quality Assurance
US Government Liaison
• Demonstrate an understanding of the TOP key contractual requirements and work closely with the Near Patient Regional Medical Director to ensure that relationships with the US Department of Defense, the US Department of State, DHA, TOPO, US military operational leaders and executives are at all times positive and consistent with the contractual obligations.
• Participate in appropriate social, professional, and networking events which assist International SOS with strengthening the DoD/DHA relationship in the region.
• Support the development of close and constructive working relationships between the MTFs, other government stakeholders, and the Near Patient team
Medical Service Delivery (TRICARE)
• Ensures that all operational delivery of TOP medical services and patient care across the region coordinated by the medical team meet the appropriate standard of medical quality in accordance with the TOP Clinical Quality Medical Plan (CQMP), DHA service level expectations.
• Through regular dialogue, establish and continue an excellent working relationship with the Near Patient Regional Medical Director.
• Reviews regularly with the Head of Clinical Quality feedback on PCSP and gathering of clinical information that contributes to the Quality ratings.
• Ensures that all KPI’s for the delivery of Near Patient Program services within the area of responsibility are met
• Working together with the Near Patient Regional Medical Director to support quality assurance in regard to the provision of all TOP medical services delivered by the Near Patient Program for their AOR, including adherence to client quality plan indices (in particular the CQMP), case audit and review service recovery, assessment of near misses, grievances, Potential Quality Incidents (PQIs) and Quality Incidents (QIs).
• Support and monitor Corrective Action Plans and a structured implementation of measures to further enhance delivery of services as a result.
Global Assistance Network (GAN)
Work closely with the Head of Clinical Quality and associated staff to ensure prioritization of TOP network development focus in the region providing key provider relationship development in keeping with the contract requirements and client feedback.
• To visit designated TRICARE locations across the region as required liaising with MTF Commanders, staff, and medical providers.
• May assist in validation of scope, quality, and credentialing of TOP medical providers in accordance with DHA mandated requirements.
Management and Administration
• Facilitate effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
• Set clear standards, action plans and yearly performance appraisals for functional reports.
• Input and play an active role in overseeing medical staff succession planning and development programs.
• Work flexible hours as appropriate to the needs of the position.
• To participate and prepare for designated TRICARE meetings, quality and case reviews and annual audits, as operationally required.
• Assist with the training of new Near Patient Medical Team members.
• To work within and promote all International SOS’s policies, procedures and corporate values.
• To be aware of Intl. SOS’ OH & S policies and procedures.
• Undertaking project work or reasonable duties as requested by Near Patient Regional Medical Director.
• Maintain medical license and up-to-date passport.
This job description outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of this post.
The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may be varied from time to time. This job description is subject to regular review.
To pioneer the international health & security risk services sector.
ー Our visionー
To be the world's leading health and security risk services company.
ー Our valuesー
We work with passion, entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork to serve our clients.
We are committed to apply our professional expertise to deliver great quality services to our clients.
We treat all our stakeholders with respect and integrity in order to earn their trust.
We care about the interest of all our stakeholders and aim to make a real difference to their lives.
【Measures against public smoking】
No smoking indoors allowed
|Working Hours||9:00-17:30（1 hour lunch break）|
Key Requirements include:
• Near Patient Physician Lead location will be an individual decision based on service activities and key Near Patient locations
• Working under and supervising a centralized duty roster system and where applicable, participate in on-call duties as required
• Monitor and manage Near Patient Medical Team caseloads using the TRICARE CRM management tools
• Mobility requirement
• Support when required routine MTF meeting/event attendance, regular contact with MTF personnel to discuss medical cases
• Support provider visits and inspections
• Ability to work proficiently with TRICARE CRM system and provide SOAPe updates within the contractual/internal KPI’s
• Ability to manage effectively service delivery issues with MTF’s and PCSP
• Escalate as required to Near Patient Regional Medical Director to discuss/highlight case complexities/challenges
• Ensure that Near Patient Medical Teams support Quality Assurance initiatives and case specific potential quality incident investigations and events. This will include compliments and complaints plus service recoveries
• Near Patient Physician Lead to conduct annual appraisals and when required manage performance improvement plans of Near Patient Team members
• English language proficiency (written and oral)
【Required Skills and Knowledge】
• Demonstrated confident decision-making in acute clinical case management
• Strong leadership and staff management skills within a matrix organization
• Effective both strategically and at an operational level
• Effectively balance medical needs with commercial considerations
• Proactive, solutions and client focused
• Negotiation skills
• Time management
• Aptitude for working in a commercial organization
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal and rapport building
• Professional presentation and communication
• Flexibility to work rostered on call pattern and travel as required within AOR.
• Deciding & Initiating Action: Makes prompt, clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks; Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction; Initiates and generates activity.
• Leading & Supervising: Provides others with a clear direction; Sets appropriate standards of behavior; Delegates work appropriately and fairly; motivates and empowers others; Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; Recruits staff of a high caliber.
• Relating & Networking: Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization; relates well to people at all levels; Manages conflict; Uses humor appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
• Persuading & Influencing: Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
• Presenting & Communicating Information: Speaks clearly and fluently; Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; Projects credibility.
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; Sets high standards for quality and quantity; Monitors and maintains quality and productivity; Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; Consistently achieves project goals
• Coping with Pressure & Setbacks: Works productively in a pressurized environment; Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life; Maintains a positive outlook at work; Handles criticism well and learns from it.
【Required Work Experience 】
• Medical Doctor with 5 years plus post-graduation experience
• Senior management experience in leadership function
• Broad clinical and health care provision experience preferably within General Practice, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Accident and Emergency, Anesthetics, ICU
• Military health care system experience preferred
• Team and performance management experience
• Client account management experience
• Business acumen
• Computer literate
• Post graduate qualification desired
• Full registration to practice medicine in country of origin
• English language proficiency (written and oral) plus proficiency in the language(s) of the host nation in the AOR
【Travel / Rotation Requirements】
• To support client sanctioned travel requests as well as reasonable request from the TRICARE senior management to meet contract requirements.
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Fluent(JLPT Level 1 or N1)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
Membership accommodation system
Sports club discount system
|Holidays||Saturdays, Sundays, Paid holidays（3 days for the first 6 months, 15 days for the first year)|
3 minutes walk from Exit 1 of Akasaka Station on the Chiyoda Line,
3 minutes walk from the Akasaka Mitsuke Station on the Marunouchi Line
7 minutes walk from Nagatacho Station on the Hanzomon Line via Akasaka Mitsuke Station