International SOS Japan LTD
Health/Nursing - Medical (Doctor/Dentist/Psychotherapist/Counselor)
Health/Nursing - Other
Asia Japan Kanagawa
Asia Japan Okinawa
The Employee shall at all times carry out his/hers duties within the tenets of the Hippocratic Oath, consistent with best ethical and medical practice. Flexibility to allow for clinical work or practice available.
【Overall Purpose Of The Job】
General: The Near Patient Physician is a key member of the TOP in country medical service delivery team and will take on roles such as mentoring new employees, taking the lead on a projects and working closely with in-country Near Patient Medical Teams. The Near Patient Physician will have the responsibility to manage an in-country Near Patient Medical Teams in specific named locations.
Clinical: The Near Patient Physician will ensure that the Near Patient Medical Team will work collaboratively with the PCSP, in country US Military Facility/s and the Regional TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP), TRICARE Contact Centre to manage the episode of care keeping the beneficiary at the center of all considerations. The role of the Near Patient Physician is to actively participate in case management and to provide guidance and support to the Near Patient Medical Team. Escalations to Near Patient Physician Lead or even the Near Patient Regional Medical Director will be required based on the clinical situation. In addition, Prime and Prime Remote beneficiaries within the assigned AOR will be the responsibility of the Near Patient Physician and Near Patient Medical Team in managing reporting, medical management and first call escalations. Translations of medical documents may be required.
Governance: In addition, the Near Patient Physician will work in close collaboration with the local Global Assistance Network (GAN) members, Head of Clinical Quality. This can include the auditing and credentialing of TRICARE providers in a given area. The Near Patient Physician may assist in gathering information to include those contained within the CQMP. The Near Patient Physician may be the main point of contact for clinical quality assessment and feedback for individual care episodes, ongoing quality assurance of providers and formal provider assessments.
Near Patient (TRICARE)
• Management and Administration (TRICARE)
o Through direct supervision, provide support to the Near Patient Medical Teams within the area of responsibility
o Facilitate effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
o Establish regular communication mechanisms to ensure the effective transmission of relevant case management information to TAO/TOP medical staff as required
o Interface with the Near Patient Physician Lead and the Near Patient Regional Medical Director to assure alignment.
o Provides regular reports on the status of the program to include any interactions with the MTF, network and International SOS staff as well as any feedback to include compliments, complaints and suggestions from these stakeholders.
• Service Delivery
o Executes strategic TRICARE initiatives in the region, as they relate to the Near Patient Program.
o Demonstrate an understanding of the differences in the scope of services we provide the client.
o Knowledge and adherence to International SOS internal policies and procedures, as well as policies and procedures outlined by our clients.
o Ensure that patient’s information is stored appropriately in related systems and follows the internal procedures on privacy. Patient information is not shared with other departments or externally.
o Communication with clients and colleagues through emails or confirmations is professional and meets business standards.
o Achieve relevant objectives / KPI’s as outlined by direct Manager.
o Ensure the beneficiary experience at PCSPs is measured and that patient needs are supported
o Delivers Inpatient Medical Management within the AOR
o Takes escalations as required from Near Patient Nurses
US Government Liaison
• Demonstrate an understanding of the TOP key contractual requirements and work closely with the Near Patient Regional Medical Director to ensure that relationships with the US Department of Defense, the US Department of State, DHA, TOPO, US military operational leaders and executives are at all times positive and consistent with the contractual obligations.
• Facilitate development of close and constructive working relationship between the MTFs, other government stakeholders, and the Near Patient team
• Participate in appropriate social, professional and networking events which assist International SOS with strengthening the DoD relationship in the region.
• Has the responsibility to support quality assurance initiatives in regard to the provision of Near Patient Program services in their specific AOR, including adherence to client quality plan objectives (in particular the CQMP), case audit and review service recovery, assessment of near misses, grievances, Potential Quality Incidents (PQIs) and Quality Incidents (QIs). Undertaking of Corrective Action Plans and a structured implementation of measures to further enhance delivery of services as a result.
Global Assistance Network (GAN)
• To visit designated TRICARE locations across the region as required liaising with MTF Commanders, staff, and medical providers.
• May assist in validation of scope, quality and credentialing of TOP medical providers in accordance with DHA mandated requirements.
Management and Administration
• Facilitate effective positive teamwork and clear channels of communication both internally and externally.
• Set clear standards, action plans and yearly performance appraisals for functional reports.
• Input and play an active role in support of medical staff succession planning and development programs.
• Work flexible hours as appropriate to the needs of the position.
• Participate actively in daily medical handovers
• To participate and prepare for designated TRICARE meetings, quality and case reviews and annual audits, as operationally required.
• Assist with the training of new Near Patient Medical Team members
• To work within and promote all International SOS’s policies, procedures and corporate values.
• To be aware of Intl. SOS’ OH & S policies, practices and procedures
• Undertaking project work or reasonable duties as requested by direct Managers.
• Maintain medical license and up-to-date passport.
This job description outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of this post.
The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may be varied from time to time. This job description is subject to regular review.
To pioneer the international health & security risk services sector.
ー Our visionー
To be the world's leading health and security risk services company.
ー Our valuesー
We work with passion, entrepreneurial spirit and teamwork to serve our clients.
We are committed to apply our professional expertise to deliver great quality services to our clients.
We treat all our stakeholders with respect and integrity in order to earn their trust.
We care about the interest of all our stakeholders and aim to make a real difference to their lives.
9:00-17:30（1 hour lunch break）
on the occasion night shift, on-call if necessary
• Near Patient Physician to be located in close proximity to key locations / MTF
• Working under and supervising a centralized duty roster system and where applicable, participate in on-call duties which can include weekends plus after hours
• Monitor and manage Near Patient Medical Team caseloads using the TRICARE CRM management tools
• Mobility requirement with less emphasis on home office duties
• Participate in routine MTF meeting/event attendance, regular contact with MTF personnel to discuss medical cases
• Perform regular provider visits and inspections, contact with providers to obtain medical updates
• Ability to comfortably provide direct face to face plus telephonic beneficiary support when required
• Ability to work proficiently with TRICARE CRM system and provide SOAPe updates within the contractual/internal KPI’s
• Ability to manage calls from providers, MTF’s and beneficiaries
• Escalate as required to senior in country Near Patient Physician Lead and or Near Patient Regional Medical Director to discuss/highlight case complexities/challenges
• Work together with Quality Assurance Teams to support Quality Assurance initiatives and case specific potential quality incident investigations and events. This will include compliments and complaints plus service recoveries
• Near Patient Physician to conduct annual appraisals and when required manage performance improvement plans of Near Patient Team members
• Support Medical Record Collection teams when required
when required procedure codes
• Active and unrestricted driver’s license
【Skills and Knowledge】
• Demonstrated confident decision-making in acute clinical case management
• Strong leadership and staff management skills within a matrix organization
• Ability to manage line manager reports in structured and consistent manner
• Effectively balance medical needs with commercial considerations
• Proactive, solutions and client focused
• Negotiation skills
• Time management
• Aptitude for working in a commercial organization
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal and rapport building
• Professional presentation and communication
• Flexibility to work rostered on call pattern and travel within Asia
• Medical Doctor with three to five years plus post-graduation experience
• Broad clinical and health care experience within General Practice, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Accident and Emergency, Aviation medicine, Anesthetics, ICU, Tropical Medicine, Aviation Medicine
• Military health care system experience preferred
• Team and performance management experience
• Computer literate
• Registered General Nurse or equivalent with minimum 3 years of experience with registration to practice in country of work
• Recognized qualification to minimum diploma level or equivalence in practice demonstrated through portfolio/CV
• A demonstrable commitment to professional development
• Able to communicate in own language and proficiently in English
• Full registration to practice medicine in country of origin
【Travel / Rotation Requirements】
• To support client sanctioned travel requests as well as reasonable request from the TRICARE senior management to meet contract requirements.
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Fluent(JLPT Level 1 or N1)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
Membership accommodation system
Sports club discount system
|Holidays||Saturdays, Sundays, Paid holidays（3 days for the first 6 months, 15 days for the first year)|
Okinawa/Kanto(Yokota, Atsugi, Zama, Yokosuka)/Iwakuni
Work from home based, visiting the medical facilities when required