Japan Goodyear Co., Ltd.
IT (Other) - Project Manager
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
IT (Hardware/Network) - Server and Machine Operation and Maintenance
|Industry||Automotive and Parts Manufacturing|
•Participate as a member of the AP IT Leadership Team and with a direct contribution to the Tokyo office leadership.
• Act as an advisor and mentor for the Japan IT team. Strengthen and expand a culture of accountability, learning, and delivery.
• Encourage learning, experimentation, and change to better serve the needs of the business and the evolution of the function of IT.
• Provide management oversight over the processes to ensure policy compliance, an adequate level of internal controls, authorization approval levels, and verification of access security.
• Together with the Japan IT team ensure the delivery of all end-user systems, back-end support infrastructure, telecommunications, networks, applications, service desk, cybersecurity, and function of IT-related activities.
• Work closely with the Japanese business, AP IT, and Global IT to understand the opportunities and challenges both in the business and function of IT. Continued execution of the AP IT Strategy as a business enabler for the Japan business. Actively support the growth of the Japanese business by digitizing the streamline business processes.
• Act as a sponsor, stakeholder, and/or team member as required on business and technology projects whether local, regional, or global with adherence to Goodyear Project Management Methodology. Act as a project manager when required. Can include initiating the project, enlisting/managing 3rd party vendors, stakeholder coordination, and conflict resolution.
• Demonstrate financial acumen and fiscal prudence in the development and execution of the Japan IT annual budget and monthly forecast.
• Develop and communicate a clear understanding of any business and/or IT risk within Japan. Create and execute mitigation plans in alignment with Japan and AP IT leadership. Ensure IT SOX, Internal Audit, Cyber, and ITGC standards are maintained and issues resolved timely.
[Measures against passive smoking]
No smoking indoors allowed
Designated smoking area
Goodyear Japan Limited was established in 1952 (Showa 27) as a Japanese corporation wholly owned by The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. It offers a wide range of tires for passenger cars, commercial vehicles, trucks and buses, agriculture and off-the-road vehicles by domestic production and imports from overseas factories to meet a wide range of demands.
We have sales offices in major cities of Japan such as Tokyo, Sapporo, Sendai, Nagoya, Osaka, Hokuriku, Hiroshima and Fukuoka, covering nationwide.
Established in Ohio, USA in 1898, Goodyear has been a leading company in the tire and rubber industry and the market for over 110 years under the corporate philosophy of “Protect Our Good Name”.
Production of high-quality products that meet user needs, technology, and services that consider the environment and the future of people. We will continue to evolve the world wide brand to the next generation by building on the achievements we have made so far.
Goodyear is one of the world's leading tire manufacturers. With approximately 64,000 employees worldwide, we manufacture at 48 facilities in 22 countries. We continue to be a leading company in the tire industry, developing state-of-the-art products and services at the Innovation Centers in Akron and Luxembourg. In addition to the two innovation centers, there are development centers in Dalian, China, Hanau, Germany, and Hebron, USA.
WORKING AT GOODYEAR
At Goodyear, we have built our foundation on a commitment to forward-thinking innovation, and our industry-leading new product engine helps us bring new products to market that feature the latest advances in materials and technologies. As a company, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value the contribution of our associates. We strive to provide associates with a safe work environment, the resources they need to do their jobs, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where associates can work to achieve their full potential and contribute to the company’s success.
|Working Hours||8:00 - 17:00|
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business management/administration plus progressive management experience
• At least 10 years of working experience in IT-related roles (5 years managerial)
• A seasoned business and IT professional with an understanding of and experience navigating country and corporate cultures
• Excellent budgeting and cost management capabilities
• Passion for customer service excellence, both internal and external
• Project management services; includes making and influencing decisions across complex matrix organizations
• Ability to manage and adapt to dynamic changes in priorities, resources, and deadlines
• Ability to work strategically as well as tactically
• Fluent in Japanese and business level or above in English
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to influence change, and manage conflicting agendas
• Passion to mentor and develop people and teams
• Understanding for traditional mindset and culture
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
Corporate Retirement Program
|Full time employee|