Ciena Communications Japan Co., Ltd.
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
IT (Hardware/Network) - Communication Infrastructure (Including ISP and Career)
Executive - Manager (Administration)
|Industry||Computer/OA Equipment/Telecommunication Equipment|
As Japan’s Sr. Manager Global Technical Support, you will be responsible to lead a team of engineers providing technical support within our Japan regional customer installed base for Ciena products.
You will remove roadblocks and find innovative ways to deliver concrete solutions to deliver the next generation of technical support to Ciena customers.The ideal manager will develop an inclusive culture to lead, inspire and motivate a team of diverse technical skills and talents to enable learning for performance and growth.
Manage, lead and mentor team of engineers to run technical support function for Japan customers. Provide flexible approach to meet customer deliverables.
Responsible for Technical, Managerial and Customer Management skills of Customer case management, Customer escalations and Customer communications
• Cross functional working with Sales/Services/Project/Product experts ensuring timely delivery of solutions to our customers
Responsible and drive customer satisfaction with regular interactions, timely responses and resolving customer network challenges.
Establish and maintain a good working relationship with Ciena Japan teams and customers
• Conduct regular case reviews to manage customer tickets.
Develop an intimate in-depth knowledge of the Customer networks, deployments and overall solutions employed with Ciena equipment
• Identify Advance Service ‘up sell’ opportunities for Japan customer networks
Inspire and teach engineers to develop their technical expertise across our products, customer interface skills and services suite and progress towards their individual business and career objectives
• Ensure timely completion and approval of time sheets of GTS staff including PTOs using Ciena tool as per local laws and HR guidelines.
Manage front line escalation of customer technical issues to enable 7x24x365 coverage while coordinating on call rotations support coverage
• Provide Japan GTS input for business operational reviews
Influence Business community as customer advocate to drive resolution of product issues as well as to drive product improvement initiatives into Engineering, PLM, Quality, etc.
Facilitate collaborative relationships between immediate team and peer GTS team to ensure high level of CSAT
Represent the department effectively & professionally internally and externally to customers
Collaboration with stakeholders
• Customers in Japan
• Partners in Japan
• Services and Sales Organization
• Technical Support Global team and Customer Technical Advocate of Japan
• PLM, Quality and Project Delivery team
Success will evidence itself in the following ways
• Strong Customer Satisfaction and Customer Experience feedback on Ciena’s Technical Support Services
• Proven collaboration with Japan services and sales leaders
• Manage Partners for effectiveness and self-sufficiency to address daily customer needs
• Unified collaboration across the CoE’s
• Escalation confinement with single point of entry into R&D for customer issues
Ciena Corporation is a global manufacturer of communications network equipment and solutions, with expertise in Packet-Optical Transport, Packet-Optical Switching, Carrier Ethernet, and Network Support Services.
【Measures against passive smoking】
No smoking indoors allowed
09:00 - 17:30
Highly energetic, dynamic, experienced manager in Technical Support Services, with a passion for delivering solutions that will differentiate Ciena from the competition.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent related field equivalent
• Previous experience as a people manager of a technical team
8-10 years related experience in a support or equivalent role with direct customer support experience
Proven experience developing, inspiring and motivating a team of diverse skills and talents to enable learning for growth and performance
• Embraces Customer first commitment
• Good understanding of telecommunications systems and / or of Ciena specific products
• Proven team leadership and / or crisis management skills
• Knowledge of computers, Microsoft software applications and data communications, UNIX/Sun and IP network experience would be a benefit
• Must have proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio
• Fluent in English and Japanese
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 11000K - JPY 15000K
（Monthly Salary Range: JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 916.667K - JPY 1250K *Divided into12month ）
Employee Stock Purchase System
Congratulation or Condolence Leave
|Nearest Station||Tokyo station|
This posting is managed by:
Ciena Communications Japan Co., Ltd.