HCL JAPAN LTD./株式会社エイチシーエル・ジャパン
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
Consulting - IT Consulting (Other)
IT (Hardware/Network) - Server Architect and Developer
HCL Technologies is a Global IT company with presence across 43 countries, with over 100,000 employees worldwide & $8.1 billion revenue.
Currently we're hiring Bilingual Data Center Engineer to join our new project in Tokyo area, to provide technical support to client.
Do you want to leverage your relevant technical experience and knowledge to advance your tech career, to solve technical issues and support client, in a large global organization?
This is a great opportunity to join HCL family to work and experience global service delivery.
We're openly considering bilingual candidates who are authorized to work in Japan.
We look forward to your application!
Founded in 1976 as one of India's original IT garage start-ups, HCL is a pioneer of
modern computing with many firsts to its credit, including the introduction of the 8-bit microprocessor-based computer in 1978 well before its global peers. Today, the HCL enterprise has a presence across varied sectors that include technology, healthcare and talent management solutions and include three companies-HCL Technologies, HCL Infosystems, and HCL Healthcare.The enterprise generates annual revenues of over US $ 8.3 billion with more than 131,000 employees from 140 nationalities operating across 44 countries, including over 500 points of presence in India.
About HCL in Japan
For nearly two decades, HCL has helped over 40 Japanese companies through account outsourcing, modernization of legacy systems, optimizing costs, improving business processes, and transforming their businesses.As one of the established software companies in Japan, HCL's primary objective has been to enable the global growth strategy for brands in the region.Our product localization services help software development companies in Japan tailor their products to the requirements of foreign markets.Our value engineering and re-engineering services help redesign products to cater to emerging markets.
For further information, visit our HP.
HCL is equal opportunity employer and we are also looking at hiring people with disability <PWD> across various functions within our business in HCL japan.We encourage candidates with PWD to apply for this roles and we would fast process applications in line with meeting our objective to hire PWD employees.
Online interview by default, if required minimal face to face interview.
[Measures against passive smoking]
Designated smoking area mostly outside the office building
|Working Hours||9-18 with 1 hour lunch break (subject to change slightly depends on project)|
• Knowledge on DCIM (StruxureWare Data Center Operations (DCO) and Data Center Expert (DCE))
Detect and respond to alerts and notifications.Escalate to facilities per Customer provided escalation matrix.
• Perform on site data center, IT room, and M/IDF room inspections according to current procedures For Tier 1 sites
• Track and manage findings from onsite data center, IT room, and M/IDF room inspection for Tier 1 sites.Engage other groups as required.
Update and create documentation as required to maintain the data center, IT room, and M/IDF spaces.
• Manage documentation for wiring and cabling in Customer’s data centers, IT rooms and M/IDF spaces on an ongoing basis
Maintain (as defined by Customer) Data Center system management tools and proactively monitor the environment characteristics (e.g., availability, performance, Problems, issues and events) and identify, correlate, report and Resolve Incidents and Problems according to prescribed SLRs.
Implement and coordinate all Changes in scope to the Data Center infrastructure including those that may affect the service levels of Third Parties
• Implement infrastructure components in compliance with Customer’s infrastructure reference architecture, IT standards and strategic plans as approved by Customer architecture governance
• Develop, document and maintain Data Center operational procedures.
Coordinate and ensure third party tenants and providers are granted access as needed 24/7.
Create and maintain Standard Operating procedures as required for all data center facility responsibilities.
• Environments monitoring for non-Tier 1 sites using DCIM
Secondary (DCIM) monitoring and control of Temperature Control systems for Tier 1 sites
• Provide planning and installation of new equipment and de-installation of old equipment
• Assist in installation of Computer Cabinets as needed
Coordinate and provide assistance for hardware support, including configurations for equipment, in the data center, IT rooms, and M/IDF rooms.
• Assist in installing Earthquake bracing for equipment on the data center floor
• Coordinate with Electricians on New power request.
• Gather power utilization readings
• Coordinate with Electricians on the removal of unused power whips
• Provide notification to support teams in the event of an anomaly.
• Respond to escalations from Facilities teams
• Responsible for repair coordination and follow up.
Interfaces with users, Providers and contractors on all facility matters.
• Provide implementation services for projects. Implementation services may include
• Rack installations
• UPS installations and configurations
• Rack/stack activities
• Patching / Labeling
• Predictive surveys
• WAN/LAN/WLAN installation and configuration, including AP mounting
• UC/AV installation and configurations
• Onsite support for first day of business
• Update DCIM elevations, notifications and alarm configurations
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 5000K - JPY 8000K|
Annual salary package
No additional transportation allowances from home to one regular worksite
Salary package includes bonus
Overtime will be additionally paid
Life support (benefit one, for gym, restaurant, hotel discount etc)
Five-Day Workweek / as per national calendar
Summer Holidays (as per the client calendar)
Winter Holidays (same as above)
Refresh Holidays (same as above)
Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
|Contract from Aug-Dec|
|Nearest Station||Tokyo area|
This posting is managed by:
HCL JAPAN LTD./株式会社エイチシーエル・ジャパン