IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Business Application SE
IT (Hardware/Network) - Security System SE
IT (Other) - Other
Ahead Consulting is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work with an international insurance organization in Tokyo. Qualified candidates should be experienced as outlined below, and ideally, have experience in the insurance industry.
You will be responsible for the design, development, delivery and continuous improvement of one or more product(s) and/or platform(s) at the company related to Accounting and Finance
Area of knowledge:
- You will create technical specifications (SPC) based on functional requirements (FRD), written by Business Analyst and ensure traceability between FRD and SPC.
- You will regularly review SPC with the Product Owner before organizing a review session with Business Analyst, Business Owner, and the Developer.
- Based on Product Owner’s decision, you will either code based on technical specifications (SPC), in which case you will design and execute Unit Tests (UT) and Integration Tests (IT) according to the company’s testing strategy, before the handover to Testing Engineer for SIT execution (initially SIT will performed by this role). UT and IT have to include code review and be automated as much as possible
In case code is written by other developers (offshore team or onsite resource), you will ensure proper handover of SPC, set coding standards and follow up on development, UT and IT execution. You will ensure delivery on time, on quality and on budget before the handover to the Testing Engineer of your Product team for SIT execution.
- You will maintain SPC documentation in version control system in order to secure product knowledge.
You will participate and encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value – give people space to think creatively
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary product team to deliver excellent new products and/or iterations to existing products to meet user needs.
- Build a strong relationship with business teams including business analysts, understand their current and future needs, proactively propose evolutions
- Translate functional requirements to technical requirements based on an understanding of diverse audience groups, define comprehensive traceability between functional and system requirements. Be able to challenge functional requirement document, if key information is missing.
- Contribute to maintaining prioritized product backlog by analyzing requirements providing estimates and suggesting alternative cost-efficient solutions when costs do not justify benefits.
- Work with architects to define robust, scalable and maintainable solution architecture, keep abreast of technological advances related to business applications under Product Team’s control or evolution thereof.
- Have security and quality at source mindset and ensure that external development teams (in case development is outsourced) follow specific guidelines and requirements (for example, observe OWASP rules, perform static code scan continuously) by reviewing deliverables. Review SIT test cases with Test Engineer for completeness and effectiveness, promote test-driven development (TDD).
-Prepare and execute handover to production teams, prepare all artefacts required for the release of an application under Product Team’s control, confirm and close change tickets after the change is implemented; follow through application-related incidents, related problems, obsolescence action plans and outstanding architecture/security reservations.
- Be actively involved across the business and technology communities to promote the department’s principles and foster a collaborative approach to solution delivery and engagement
Knowledge of financial management and accounting, experience in insurance would be a plus. Can be a person with a Finance background aspiring to pursue IT career.
- Hands-on experience of Web-based system developments with core Java or application framework (J2EE, Spring, SpringBoot) along with corresponding application servers
In-depth knowledge of additional language (VB.NET, Python, JS) would be a plus
- Good knowledge of Oracle 11g/12c (Oracle Master Silver or above, PL/SQL), SQL server knowledge would be a plus
Practical experience with integration software (ESB, ETL) – Tibco BusinessWorks, in particular
-Strong solution design skills using MS Visio or any other diagraming tools
- Experience in automated testing (Selenium or similar) and CI/CD (Jenkins or similar) would be advantage
- Experience with Infor SunSystems would be a plus
- Committed to deliver on time, on budget and on scope.
- Good communications skills
- Ability to convince peers with IT and Business
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 6000K - JPY 7500K|