|This posting is managed by:||
RecruiterDaijob AGENT (Human Global Talent Co., Ltd.)
|Company Name||Company is not publicly visible|
Finance/Accounting - Accounting
Accounting and reporting lead for Japan
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements pertaining to accounting, corporation tax, legal, banking, payroll and pension matters.
- Optimize working capital management and safeguard of fixed assets.
- Be the focal point and liaison for internal and external auditors, bankers and Corporate/Regional functions.
[Main Tasks and Accountabilities]
1. Manage Financial Accounting close and Reporting
Prepare and maintain the general ledger as per Mattel’s corporate policy, accounting based on US GAAP and Japan statutory requirements.
Coordinate and complete month-end close submission in HFM per regional/corporate reporting deadlines.
Perform & supervise necessary interfaces between various Mattel Systems, e.g. ISIS/CODA/HFM before closing the book.
Ensure data integrity and full reconciliation between ISIS sub-ledger and general ledger in CODA and between CODA and HFM etc.
Complete the Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Financial Reporting Package accurately and timely.
Perform quarterly BPRs variance analysis with clear explanations between current vs prior year and vs forecasts.
To ensure all assets and liabilities accounts are accurately reconciled on a monthly basis
Accurate and timely preparation of the necessary schedules and information as required by audit, tax and others and ensure timely filing with the relevant statutory bodies.
2. Working Capital & Fixed Assets Management
Ensure all vendors’ invoices are approved and coded correctly, and updated into the system accurately and timely.
To supervise & approve local vendors creation in CODA and approve all payments in Mizuho banking system.
Establish process and procedures to manage credit risks by aligning to approved Coface limit, and leveraging external and internal benchmarking such as D&B search report and Mattel internal selection criteria (such as BIX search) etc.
Follow up on AR past due balances (if any) and promptly resolve any open deductions and discrepancy noted.
To review major customers’ credit limit and payment terms with Commercial Finance at least once a year.
Prepare monthly AR aging report and perform quarterly doubtful debts reserve analysis.
Coordinate with US Treasury for monthly intercompany netting and reconciliations.
Coordinate with US Treasury / Regional Finance to prepare periodic Cash flow projection and monthly actual cash flow repoting
Ensure all fixed assets are recorded and depreciated as per Mattel’s accounting policy
3. Enhance Internal Controls procedures and continue Systems/Processes improvement
To ensure controls activities are in compliance with Mattel Minimum Controls Standard (MCS) requirements or appropriate actions in place for remediation/improvement
To facilitate quarterly MCS sign-off both for sales subsidiaries and DCs
Promote and coordinate the systems advances of the Company, establishing priorities, and assigning the necessary resources to adequately address business needs
Simplify and continuously improve critical accounting processes to achieve better work efficiencies
4. Organization management and leadership
Provide leadership and coaching to the team, develop the team professionally
Institutionalize Corporate initiatives, i.e. AP, CAP, QOR, to measure and develop talents to achieve long range business plan
Able to attract, recruit, develop measure, motivate and reward talents accordingly.
[Internal Working Relationships]
Corporate Mattel, APAC Regional Finance team, country management, Planning & Logistics, Marketing, Sales, IT & HR etc.
External Working Relationships :
Key customers, distributors, business partners, auditors, tax consultants, bankers, third party logistics providers, government officials, etc.
- Finance Degree or a professional Accounting qualification/MBA
- 10+ years post qualification experience in finance and accounting
- Previous experience in big 4 or similar size public accounting/audit firm
- Previous working experience in MNC, multi location and multi product companies in comsumer goods or retail industry
- Previous experience in using ERP systems e.g Oracle and HFM
- Organization leadership and people manangement experience
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 9000K - JPY 12000K|