Airbnb Japan株式会社/Airbnb Japan K. K.
Hospitality Business Specialists - Travel Industry Related
|Industry||Tourism/Hotels, Lodging/Restaurant, Food Services|
We are looking for talented, experienced and bilingual full-time Property Security (Claims)/Liability case handling professionals to join our Property Security team and help us provide exceptional customer support to our community. The right candidate will be a dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, but also makes sure the case are legitimate and reasonable. They must have a passion for innovation and be a strong team player.
Claims Specialists are broadly accountable for the following activities and responsibilities:
[Primary Function] The core work of Property Security (Claims) specialists is to provide excellent community support for host and guests seeking assistance from Airbnb Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance, Experience Protection Insurance and Japan Host Insurance.
- Handle the designated inboxes through inbound and outbound tickets/emails, outbound calls and case work.
- Initiating, investigating and resolving cases involving complex damages, liability claims, potential fraud, or brand risk, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies.
- Working closely with stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Compiling incident reports at the direction of leadership.
- Providing upward feedback, regarding the status of claims, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Crafting clear and concise resolution plans in order to drive fair and accurate outcomes.
- Effectively collaborate with and monitor third party claims administrators.
- Mastering knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in claims verification, payment processing, dispute resolution and fraud detection.
- Determining compensation and validity of the claims, identifying possible claim risks and/or liaising with other departments to de-escalate active threads. This process will require excellent negotiation skills and might involve stakeholder relationships and research.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
[Secondary Function] Dedicated to project work, supporting senior specialists and leadership on the execution of Change Management and other initiatives.
- Acting as a content advisor, and supports function on the execution of Change Management initiatives.
- Acting as a process advisor for impact initiatives and/or cross-functional projects to meet strategic goals.
- Acting as a mentor and advisor/Subject Matter Expert for new hires and partners - (Idea is they identify gaps in Work Flow, process and escalate areas for improvement).
- Attending functional business reviews as required.
- Attending large loss case reviews as required.
|Company Info||Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.|
Shift/5-day work week: 4 weekdays and 1 Saturday or Sunday.
(Average of 40hrs/week)
- Location: Tokyo (Japan)
- Language skills: Fluent English and Native Japanese, both verbal and written
- Be an advocate of high quality standards, innovation, resolution conflict and customer experience excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written (email) and spoken (phone), to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for innovation with a ‘work smarter’, solution and action oriented mindset.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and/or third party providers to resolve complex disputes in a detailed, effective and timely manner.
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Working with leadership to develop and enhance internal policies, processes and tools.
- Additional insurance investigation or program management experience are a plus.
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 5000K - JPY 6000K|
Annual Travel Credit
Supported Paid Volunteer Time
Healthy Food and Snacks
|12-month contract with option to become Permanent Full-time employee as long as the performance is "Meets All Expectations"|
This posting is managed by:
Airbnb Japan株式会社/Airbnb Japan K. K.