Welocalize Japan K.K.
IT (Other) - Other
Education/Training/Language Specialist - Localization
|Industry||IT - Other|
Asia Japan Tokyo
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
(a) build and maintain a world-class pool of Japanese translation resources for Welocalize, by freelancers and vendors; (b) allocate appropriate resources according to business needs of clients; and (c) drive the strategy of Japanese resources optimization and scalability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Recruitment, selection, qualification, performance rating and development of external Japanese resources as per the global account team plans and the overall operations strategy and priorities, including but not limited to translation freelancers and agencies, reviewers, and subject-matter experts (SMEs).
• Ensure the best external Japanese resource choice and availability for any new client teams, or new requirements from clients, within the parameters of company strategy and outsourcing models.
• Maintain contractual agreements of external resources including freelancers/agencies and ensure all comply with company contractual terms and conditions.
• Effectively build and maintain strategic relationship with external partners for continuous service delivery and customer satisfaction
• Price negotiation with external resources aligning with account financial requirement and strategy
• Provide competitive benchmarking of Japanese resources in a variety of products, industry verticals, specialties and content types.
• Work with Director, Global Communities and global talent managers to help and build Japanese resourcing plan aligned with global strategy
Language Quality Support:
• Assist groups of Project Management and Language Quality to optimize delivery, customer satisfaction, scalability and profitability with best resources of translation, review applied
• Author client facing documentation related to resource development programs
• Enhance communications and promote teamwork with peers and customers to exchange experience, share best practices and learn from one another
• Strategic planning for training and development of external resources including vendors and FLs to help local business expand capacity
We are a fast growing, privately held, venture backed company.
With the advent of user-generated and community-driven content, global organizations are experiencing a surge in demand for information that is easy to access and rapidly available in all of their end-users’ native languages world wide - this can mean upwards of 50 markets!
We provide next-generation translation supply chain management that delivers market-ready, translated content—when and where the client demands— in a transactional model of daily volumes on short deadlines. We support organizations throughout the entire global content lifecycle at a fast pace of innovation in processes and technology, from authoring and product development, translation and quality assurance, to complete business process outsourcing and market validation.
We are redefining the way translation services are managed and delivered in our industry. By replacing the task-oriented, client-vendor model with an integrated partnership that lasts throughout the translation supply chain, we provide clients with flexible, unique translation solutions that are predictable, scalable and measurable—and result in increased global sales of their products and services.
(Standard work hours 8hr per day, Core time 10am - 4pm)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Business, Language, Localization or Translation studies or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• • Experiences as vendor manager working with external resources
• In localization industry over 5 years
• Native-speaker of Japanese and fluent in English, both written and spoken
• Results driven work ethic with high energy and enthusiasm levels
• Proven experience in development of strategy and ideas
• Team player and team builder with the ability to problem-solve and show initiative
• Strong negotiation and communication skills are a must
• Patent, legal, life science related experience/knowledge are plus
• “Can do” attitude
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
■Annual salary increase
■Working from home system
■Retirement pay system
New Year Holidays
Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
|Nearest Station||5 minutes walk from Kayabacho Station|