IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
|Industry||IT - Other|
Ahead Group is looking for a top-level global network engineering subject matter expert in one or more highly specialized areas of network architecture, design, optimization, and support systems (LAN/WAN, remote access, and data center communications) across the enterprise.
Plan, design, deploy into the Enterprise:
- Network infrastructure across the multiple business functions and locations
- Remote access methods including IPSEC and SSL VPN
- Global WAN refresh with redundant links
- Provides network engineering team leadership in areas of expertise.
- Together with global team develop designs including security, availability and performance
- Performs advanced tests and documents best practices, including plans upgrade and path deployments
- Function tests new solutions and tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
- Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
- Interfaces with vendors (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.) on complex systems problems.
- Interfaces directly with vendors, operations staff, peers, application developers and management, as needed.
- Handles complex communication with technical and business partners
- Represents team on major collaborative efforts for key IT and company initiatives.
- Creates high level and detailed analyses, project plans, and other related documentation and procedures.
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern to avoid gaps and problems.
- Serves as a project lead or project representative on a single phase or on multiple phases of one or more projects.
- Prepare network proposals with financial impact on hardware, software, and FTEs.
- Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
Typical Experience and Key Competencies:
- 6-8 years’ experience in all phases of network design, installation, and maintenance in voice/data telecommunications network technology.
- A broad general knowledge of network operations, network security.
- Extensive technical knowledge of voice/data network hardware and software, infrastructure and design, topologies and protocols.
- Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
- Able to configure Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, and other network devices at all levels.
- Hold an active network related certification such as:
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing and Switching
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 12000K - JPY 14000K|
|Contract Position for at least 1 year|