Amazon Data Services Japan G.K./アマゾン データ サービス ジャパン合同会社
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Engineer
IT (Hardware/Network) - Network Monitoring
IT (Hardware/Network) - Project Manager
Asia Japan Osaka
Looking at candidate based in Japan only
As Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to build upon the world’s biggest Cloud Computing Infrastructure, we are looking for Network Technicians to support the scaling and growth of our network infrastructure.
About The Role
Infrastructure Delivery (ID) Network Technicians are part of the Infrastructure Operations Team, the backbone of AWS that supports our customers and their rapidly growing businesses by operating world-class data centers. Network Technicians lead projects to deploy, maintain, and expand the physical network infrastructure at AWS data centers. At Amazon, we always aim to exceed the expectations of our customers, and we continuously raise the standards for operational performance in safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
Each day presents unique challenges, which include:
· Deploying network hardware and cabling
· Managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Working closely with Network Engineering, Technical Program Managers, and other stakeholders to deliver projects
· Designing the physical network interconnections to Amazon standards
· Working with vendors on large-scale cabling deployments
· Troubleshooting network and cabling infrastructure issues
· Migrating networks in live environments
· Coordinating operations with other Data Center teams
· Seeking out ways to improve yourself and improve the processes and systems we use
Starting from your ‘Day One’, we provide a full on-boarding process and continuous training while you gain an understanding of data centers and our infrastructure. You will work independently and with colleagues, at the forefront of transformational technology, and will have opportunities to grow within the team and the organization.
As a member of the Infrastructure Operations (Data Center) Team, you will have the chance to work on the most advanced technologies in a DYNAMIC environment with expanding opportunities.
We are currently seeking for an exceptionally talented individual with broad experience and strong leadership in the Data Center Operation (DCO) team, responsible for the deployment, overall operation, and maintenance of the servers, network devices, and infrastructure in our large-scale, high-density data centers.
If you enjoy working in a strong and close-knit diverse team, Infrastructure Operations (Data Center) Team is the place to be!
· Break-fix of servers and network devices
· Troubleshooting network connections
· Work coordination with various teams in Data Center
· As a Team, provide 24/7 site coverage and respond to high severity events within SLAs
· Individual contribution to site projects
At Amazon, everyone is a leader. You are self-motivated and can adapt in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. You have a passion for technology, always ask “Why?” and seek to understand how things work, are a problem solver, and may have some data center experience. You may also have networking, cabling, or project management experience. You can follow our guidelines and processes, and enjoy work that requires attention to detail.
You actively seek opportunities to make improvements in our operations and yourself.
If you enjoy working alongside a close-knit and diverse team of leaders, this is the place to be! We welcome you to work on advanced technologies in this dynamic environment.
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and will stop at nothing to exceed our customers’ expectations, including continual expansion and building new data centers all around the world. We are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to help us reach the next level. Come build the future with us!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation
【Measures against passive smoking】No smoking indoors allowed
Flexible work arrangements:
◦ 8 hours of actual work from 9:00－18:00 on normal business days.
◦ Working hours can be consulted and adjusted depending on the work on the day and week.
· BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
· Any of the following:
· 2 years of project management experience or operations planning experience
· 2 years experience with physical network infrastructure deployment and troubleshooting
· 2 years experience with network cabling (fiber optic & copper)
· English fluency (TOEIC 800+) and basic Japanese communication ability
· Networking administration and/or certification - CCENT/CCNA and above, Network+
· Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
· Experience in large-scale network infrastructure deployments and support
· Basic understanding of data center facilities
· Understanding of maintenance windows/change management procedures, and trouble ticketing systems
· Linux administration and/or certification - RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC, Linux+.
· Scripting skills - Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
■Commuting/Transportation Allowance (up to 50,000yen)
■No dress code
■Paid Holidays (up to 14 days in the first year)
The work location will be a data center within the Tokyo/Osaka region.
Since the location of the data center is highly confidential, details will be shared after the offer is accepted.
This posting is managed by:
Amazon Data Services Japan G.K./アマゾン データ サービス ジャパン合同会社