HCL JAPAN LTD./株式会社エイチシーエル・ジャパン
Legal/Patent - Legal (Contract Management)
Legal/Patent - Legal (Documentation)
Legal/Patent - Legal Support
Role: Senior Legal Counsel - IT Outsourcing Contracts
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Experience: 4-9 years
Mandatory - Japanese and English- Read, Write, Speak
1. Customer Contracting
• Communicate with Global legal members to update them.
• Japanese localization and review of contract-related documents. Review of Japanese & English written documents. Role involves providing sound legal support for Japan and other geographies.
• Adjust, review, negotiation of the Customer provided contract templates as well as HCL templates to help close customer contracts.
• Strong communication oral and written skills in local Japanese and English language. Candidate should be well conversant with both languages and able to translate from Japanese to English and vice versa as necessary for internal and external negotiations/ discussions.
• Candidate should have at least 4-9 years PQE experience with license to perform in-house counsel role.
• Candidate should have strong and extensive experience of having worked with Information Technology companies as an in-house counsel having experience in drafting, negotiation of IT contracts including MSA’s, Statement of Works, RFP’s, NDA’s, Haken, Global collaboration, Software Licensing Agreements, and other Agreements and other contract forms originating from Japan as well as other countries.
• Candidate should have proven capabilities of handling independently multiple contractual transactions. Candidate will be working very closely with the Business Team and therefore would be the single point of contact in Japan for all contractual legal advice and escalations.
• Candidate should be able to ensure HCL processes and policies regarding contracting is followed and at the same time ensure Business is able to close the contacts swiftly.
• Candidate is expected to handle back to back vendor / supplier contracts.
• Candidate should have good working knowledge about the ways of working in Japan and local requirements both from contractual and statutory purposes.
• Establish deals with assessment from the perspectives of HCL compliant policy and business judge.
• Candidate will be expected to also support HCL Software Business as well as other Geographies and work closely with the Legal Team in India and US. Knowledge of handling complex engineering licensing deals preferred including source code licensing, revenue sharing etc.
2.Managed Service Provider partner contract
Generate new contract or agreements to support new business in collaboration with global responsible division based on requirement for new business
• Decisions on whether or not to seal customer documents and negotiations on revisions.
• Approval of HCL Japan's CEO sealing
4.Response for special requirement
5.Clarification of HCL's position on various inquiries from customers and partners.
HCL Technologies is a Global IT company with presence across 50 countries, with over 176,000+ employees worldwide & $10 billion revenue.
About HCL in Japan
For nearly two decades, HCL has helped over 40 Japanese companies through account outsourcing, modernization of legacy systems, optimizing costs, improving business processes, and transforming their businesses. As one of the established software companies in Japan, HCL’s primary objective has been to enable the global growth strategy for brands in the region. Our product localization services help software development companies in Japan tailor their products to the requirements of foreign markets. Our value engineering and re-engineering services help redesign products to cater to emerging markets
If you want to know more about HCL Technologies, please visit http://www.hcltech.com.
Law graduate degree/JD or equivalent
Specialized in IT Outsourcing Contracts management- drafting, negotiation and review.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Native Level|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
|Full time role with HCL Japan|
This posting is managed by:
HCL JAPAN LTD./株式会社エイチシーエル・ジャパン