Planning/Marketing/PR - Planning/Marketing
Planning/Marketing/PR - Branding/Strategic Marketing
Planning/Marketing/PR - Advertisement/Communication/PR
|Industry||Real Estate/Property Management/Facility Management|
Do you enjoy building and maintaining strong innovation communities? Are you comfortable with all social media channels? Are you good with words? Are you developing yourself as a creative marketer and enjoy building connections, working on PR campaigns?
CIC Tokyo is looking for a Marketing & PR Associate to join our team.
[YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK]
You will work independently but will also frequently engage with our local and global sales & marketing teams as well as external marketing and PR agencies. This role focuses on growing as well as strengthening our existing community through PR and marketing.
Your main task will focus on promotion of CIC Tokyo, ideas creation, and building awareness of CIC among entrepreneurs and the Tokyo innovation community.
In addition to the above you will:
• Work with the Community Development Team, Sales Team, and Event Team to create and execute marketing campaigns to increase CIC fans as well as to attract new CIC clients.
• Create content for and maintain CIC Tokyo’s social media channels (sponsored and regular campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), AdWords campaigns, newsletter and internal Client Portal, as well as some WordPress website upkeep.
• Identify publicity opportunities for CIC Tokyo (events, media, partnerships) and act as a mini-PR firm to celebrate and promote good news from our clients.
• Coordinate and execute special projects such as our yearly Impact Report.
• Design creative marketing materials (including photos, videos, and live broadcasting) for CIC through posters, newsletters, social media campaigns, etc.
• Develop and maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with new and existing partners in the innovation ecosystem working with them to create events of interest for the CIC community.
• Cooperate with PR agencies to plan strategies, create videos, press releases and execute PR events.
• Cooperate CIC LIVE podcast media, communicate with the navigators and guests for the CIC LIVE programs, advertise CIC LIVE programs in SNS media and website, and keep uploading archives to YouTube CIC Japan channel.
• Build relationships with local media and update them on company news.
• Control marketing agency work and content they create; check if content aligns with strategy.
【ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB】
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
★ Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CIC’ers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
★ Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
★ Access to amenities like a nap room, game room, and more!
★ Access to Venture Cafe Tokyo, a weekly Thursday gathering involving high-impact programming designed to engage the broader entrepreneurial community.
CIC is a global leader in building and operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space and coworking options, providing a platform for the world’s most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better and faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, St. Louis, Rotterdam, Warsaw, and Tokyo and are growing into other cities, within the US and abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, and branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Café, CIC’s primary non-profit programming partner, and CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies and the public.
<ABOUT CIC TOKYO>
CIC Tokyo is our newest site and the first located in Asia. Opened in October 2020 in one of the business districts of Minato-ku, CIC Tokyo is a one-of-a-kind innovation-oriented center in Japan with a total area of about 6,000 square meters on the 15th and 16th floors of the Toranomon Hills Business Tower. We provide a vast workspace with the capacity to house more than 250 companies. CIC Tokyo is centered on companies that aim to grow, and communities and services that are looking to accelerate their business growth and global expansion.
<Measures against passive smoking>
No smoking indoors allowed. Smoking is not permitted outside of designated areas.
|Working Hours||Flexible work hours|
You are a professional, organized individual who can coordinate and execute marketing, social media, PR, and community events. You are reliable, sharp, and able to work independently. As a creative person you like when your ideas come to life.
More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you are:
• Personable and naturally enjoys helping others.
• Incredibly detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills.
• Excellent communicator and listener, both written and verbal, with anyone including colleagues, clients, vendors, and event hosts.
• Independent, trustworthy, and willing to learn.
• Creative and excited about trying new things with regards to our marketing, PR and community building.
• Calm in a fast-paced environment and confident when dealing with uncertainty and last minute changes.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
• 2-3 years of professional experience with PR, marketing and/or events, including social media (experience with professional event coordination, the innovation ecosystem, or community building strongly preferred).
• Experience with paid social media campaigns, Google AdWords, SquareSpace, Adobe Creative Suite.
• A natural interest in learning new technologies, new media applications and devices.
• Strong verbal and written communication in both English and Japanese, and you are able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
• Experience working with different media, journalists, bloggers and influencers.
• Experience coordinating marketing projects.
• A history of organizing press conferences and promotional events.
• Experience in content creation (great if you could share your portfolio with us).
• Project management skills.
• The ability to legally work in Japan. CIC is unable to sponsor visas for this role at this time.
• Fluency in Japanese and strong English proficiency
Please submit your application in English. Thank you!
CIC welcomes all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status or disability. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Fluent(JLPT Level 1 or N1)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
・ Laptop and mobile phone as your working tools.
・ Regular evaluation of your work, and salary raises every year based on performance.
- Directly connected to "Toranomon Hills Station" on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line
- Tokyo Metro Ginza Line "Toranomon Station"