|This posting is managed by:||Skillhouse Staffing Solutions K.K.|
|Company Name||Company is not publicly visible|
IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Business Application SE
IT (Mainframe) - Application SE
IT (Mainframe) - Programmer
One of our Top Tier – Global Insurance (Fortune500) clients is looking for a talented Mainframe Engineer, who is communicative, adaptive, independent, and obsessive about solving problems. This is a long-term project, and you will be given an extension for another one (1) year at the end of the initial contract term.
- Successful candidates will be mainly responsible to design and build mainframe applications and online insurance services consumed by frontend applications in open platforms.
- You will also design the overall architecture of the mainframe applications and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
You will join the Information Management Department with a team strength of over 100 team members.
If you have the right skillsets, you are encouraged to apply for the role asap.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being Communicative, adaptive, independent, and obsessive about solving problems
- Analyze the existing system to find the original source data based on business requirements
- Design, build, test, deploy, manage solutions/interfaces between mainframe and other platforms
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions
- Work with the Application Development team, Application Management Services team, Infrastructure team to implement data strategies and build data flows
- Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers, and others of downstream applications
- Discover metadata of the source database, including value patterns and distributions, key candidates, foreign-key candidates, and functional dependencies
|Company Info||Global insurance company with over 40 years experience in Japan with strengths in various sales channels and product lineup. The company focuses on creating diverse environments including but not limited to promoting the appointment of women.|
|Working Hours||9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）|
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong data/system analytics skills and interpret the data and programs on Mainframes
- 10+ year experience of developing and maintaining mainframe applications
- Experience supporting interfaces between multiple application platforms (i.e. open and mainframe)
- Ability to proactively seeking continuous improvement and challenging processes, and communicate them to management
- Proficient understanding of Assembler, EasyTrieve, Cobol, VSAM, JCL
- Basic understanding of Agile methodology, including Scrum
- Basic understating of integration middleware such as ETL, etc.
- Mainframe Programming: Cobol // MVS Assembler // EasyTrieve
- System & Data Analysis Tools: JCL // VSAM and other Data Utilities // Librarian // ROSCOE/TSO
- Operating Systems: Mainframes – ZOS/VMS // Linux // Windows
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Daily Conversation Level|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 8000K - JPY 12000K|
|Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.|
|Holidays||Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year・end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holidays|
|6 month rolling contract|