Customer Service - Customer Support
IT (Other) - IT Help Desk
Customer Service - Telemarketing/Telesales
|Industry||IT - Other|
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about this role! Please note that we are looking for applications from those who currently reside within Japan.
We are looking for Bilingual Customer Service Specialists to help our ever growing diverse merchant (users of Shopify) base. Our merchants have amazing stories filled with highs and lows, frustrations, and triumphs. It is in these moments and many in between that you would make an impact.
As a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist you’ll work remotely for a fast-growing global tech company from the comfort of home with your only commute being the one to your computer. You will work within our super supportive multilingual team, an exciting experience in itself as it grows and flexes to our merchants needs.
In the role you can expect to be challenged and learn every day as you dig in and problem solve with merchants by listening deeply, actively teaching and exploring growth opportunities with the merchants. As part of that growth, you’ll be there to connect merchants with potential new features or plans to ensure they get the most out of the Shopify platform.
Following 4 weeks of paid training you will transition into your new team and -- with the support from a tenured team member -- start digging into merchant emails. Shifts are 8 hours in length and are on a rotating schedule that include a combination of weekdays, weekends and holidays. This is a permanent full time role - 40 hours a week with no part time options being available. We offer paid holiday, paid sick days and a comprehensive compensation package with health benefits and other perks.
If you’re up for the challenge and enjoy working in an inclusive, human centred, fast-paced high-pressure environment, we encourage you to apply and take part in our hiring process!
As we aim to provide you with as much information about the role early in the process so that you know what to expect throughout, more details will be included in the next step of the process should you be selected to move forward.
Even if you have never held a similar position but you’re interested so far and relate to the things we’ve outlined below, we want to hear from you!
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 1.7 million businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Measures again passive smoking:
Work from home/remote role.
|Working Hours||40 hours a week with no part-time options being available. Shifts are 8 hours in length and are on a rotating schedule that include a combination of weekdays, weekends and holidays.|
* Live and have legal authorization to work in Japan.
* Be bilingual in role language as well as English, able to provide verbal and written support in both languages.
* Have appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
* Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
* Be prepared to work full-time hours on a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays).
*Thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
* Proven track record of being incredibly resourceful and finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
* Be proficient with technology.
* Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
* Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship, care deeply about supporting people and enjoy having genuine human conversations.
* Possess a high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
* Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things.
* Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
* A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, or sales.
* Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
* Call-centre, customer service, and/or retail experience.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Fluent(JLPT Level 1 or N1)|
|Salary||Depends on experience|
|Generous perks and benefits package can be discussed at interview stage.|
|Holidays||Holiday allocation can be discussed at interview stage.|
|Permanent full-time role.|
|Nearest Station||Remote, work from home role.|