|This posting is managed by:||
RecruiterSkillhouse Staffing Solutions K.K.
|Company Name||Company is not publicly visible|
IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Business Application SE
IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Programmer
IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Project Manager
A Leading AI firm is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a highly-skilled team of Machine Learning Engineers, who are responsible for the data, training, and inference infrastructure.
The successful candidate would lead a team of ML engineers who work on a diverse range of projects, including: managing the training data, providing software design and support to scientists, implementing tools and libraries, improving model runtime performance as well as working closely with the software engineering team to scale the modeling side of our products. This firm is working in a dynamic environment, using modern technologies such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud platforms like GCP and AWS.
This is a hands-on engineering management role (60% engineering & architecture + 40% management).
- Provide leadership to a multicultural and multidisciplinary team in terms of defining the road map, work priorities, work assignments, and in general supporting the team to help meet their goals
- Be hands-on with creating viable architectures, creating task lists, and delivering successful projects
- Improving the productivity of the team
- Conduct hiring, goal setting, appraisals, and feedback sessions
- Support our research scientists by delivering high-quality datasets, analysis tools, and training infrastructure
- Support our backend engineers, by building production ML systems, including data analysis and model inference in the cloud
- Constantly improve and stay up to date (within reason) on new and safe technologies to use (as they are a startup in a rapidly changing field)
This venture company provides cutting-edge AI solutions to improve people's quality of work and life. This is a multi-cultural environment with team members from 19 different nationalities.
|Working Hours||9:00 - 18:00（Mon - Fri）|
- Experience in managing a team of 5 engineers or more, ideally in a related discipline like machine learning, data engineering, or similar
- Experience in software development, with applications in data management, automation, model serving etc.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a group of engineers and improving the productivity of the team
- Ability to lead the team through being goal-oriented and customer-focused
- Ability to understand, gauge risks and manage expectations with-respect-to ML activities
- Work alongside other stakeholders such as Project Management, Product Management and occasionally Sales
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 8500K - JPY 12000K|
|Social insurance, Transportation Fee, No smoking indoors allowed (Designated smoking area), etc.|
|Holidays||Saturday, Sunday, and National Holidays, Year・end and New Year Holidays, Paid Holiday|