IT (Other) - Project Manager
IT (PC, Web, Unix) - Business Application SE
As an Agile Project Manager/Delivery Manager the incumbent will manage one or more agile and/or hybrid projects, in order to deliver upon strategic enterprise objectives via a multi-disciplinary and dynamic cross-departmental team of professionals. This role will enable both Waterfall and Agile based delivery capabilities as well as applying the Hybrid delivery model for related projects, adding further value by directly supporting the usage of Agile knowledge & practice to bring about delivery efficiencies.
The Agile PM/DM will focus on successfully delivering complex projects through the optimization of team dynamics and executing delivery interface support (internal and external stakeholder management) and planning (inclusive of budget, scope, and risk management). This role will work with the project sponsor or product owner to define and implement the delivery roadmap and key interdependencies across projects and programs.
This role will have a direct correlation and implementation of decisions that build high performing teams, where the PM/DM will foster team members energy and motivation to bring about success.
- Successful management of the delivery of projects and products using appropriate agile project management methodology.
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process - prioritizing the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team – working with the scrum master to enable squad based deliver
- Management of one or more cross-functional & multidisciplinary team(s)
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (MVP, production)
- Provide regular reports on delivery health including time, cost, scope and benefits.
- Establish a project & product view of critical path milestones and ensure tracking and reporting against these
- Assess and report key delivery risks, issues and dependencies
- University degree
- 5+ years experience in exemplary and consistent performance in managing large and complex strategic initiatives
- 3+ years in the insurance industry (Life Insurance or Financial Institutions preferred)
- 3+ years in managing teams of people, either direct reporting or through projects
- Hands-on experience driving development & implementing improvement of business processes within large organizations
- Proven experience in delivering projects and products following an Agile or Hybrid methodology
- Hands-on experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Solid understanding of the Agile methods of delivery and ability to refine methods to optimize delivery
- Ability to create and deliver meaningful presentations and insights back to key stakeholders throughout the organization (both across levels and functions)
- Possess excellent leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills to lead cross-functional teams and coach/advise peers and staff
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to work independently with minimal direction in situations requiring adaption to changes
- Proven knowledge of business operations, communications, and project lifecycles
- Team player, self-motivated, confident and results-driven with the ability to successfully manage interaction with internal stakeholders with professionalism and collaboration
ACP, Scrum Master, or Product Owner certification is an advantage
- Reporting – creating presentations for various stakeholders
- Ability to think and work creatively and work around traditional roadblocks
- Bilingual in Japanese & English is required
|English Level||Fluent (TOEIC 865-)|
|Japanese Level||Fluent(JLPT Level 1 or N1)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 10000K - JPY 12000K|