HCL JAPAN LTD./株式会社エイチシーエル・ジャパン
IT (Other) - Customer Support Engineer
IT (Mainframe) - Application SE
IT (Other) - IT Help Desk
Asia Japan Tokyo
HCL is a global company that provides ICT services. We have hired several network support engineers to expand our business.
The place of work will be Omaezaki City, Shizuoka Prefecture or Minato Ward, Tokyo, and the customer will handle problems and users.
We are waiting for applications from experienced people who can work in Japan without restrictions!
The technician is the point of contact for providing first and second level troubleshooting for all network equipment. The technician will be responsible for Service Level Agreements (SLA) and work within they to see that there is a prompt response to the issues.
The activities for this position include:
• Patching cable installation and recovery
• Installing power leads
• Installing, removing or swapping equipment
• Locating and or identifying network circuits and tagging the demark location
• Providing escort services for Third Party Vendors in the facility
• Adhering to the risk management processes, including conducting walkthroughs, work permits, change management, attending safety training; and reporting Incidents
• Comply with the Company's audit requirements, Information Protection requirements, security requirements and standards detailing physical access management, and standards for Operational Excellence
• Support and assist in the troubleshooting and testing network equipment and components, including:
o restarting equipment;
o troubleshooting and patching power cables;
o Troubleshooting and patching Fiber and Copper cables
o identifying a switch port location;
o pinging key Devices and performing DNS lookups
o troubleshooting, installing, and where necessary removing equipment and / or components
o perform visual checks for hardware failure lights or console error messages, power status and hardware labels and
o assisting with the identification and reporting of communications room environmental issues
• Perform MACD (move, add, change, delete) activities for end user business LAN and voice devices
• Maintain the Inventory of the Network Devices
• Update and Manage the DCIM tool
• Adhere to Company ’s Change Management Process, BCP and DR Plans
• Monitor and respond to emergency conditions effecting operations to the extent that services can be safely provided (e.g hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.)
• Provide smart hands support for other telecommunications infrastructure such as
o Coordinate with cabling contractor
o WiFi and BLE systems
o Microwave systems installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
o Radio systems (HF, VHF, UHF, 2-way, radar,…) installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
o VSAT installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
o Cellular-based systems such as public and private 4G LTE, 5G, NB-IIoT, LTE-M
o lpWAN (low-power WAN) systems such as LoRaWAN
o Other IIoT / OT systems
o Solar panel / battery power systems installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
o Specialty Telecoms systems such as CCTV, PAGA, Intercom, Fire / Intruder Alarm, systems installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
• Daily / Monthly / Quarterly reports generation and Review with Customer
Educational Qualifications and experience:
• Have an associate or bachelor's degree
• Certifications such as CCNA, CCNP will be ideal
• Technicians should be conversant with compliance regulations, such as SOX
• 4 to 8 years of relevant experience in IT industry
o Experienced in racking, stacking, cabling, and decommissioning of Network Hardware devices
o Experienced in Smart Hand Support for Network device maintenance
• Strong Verbal and Written communication skills
• Ability to walk around a good deal of time, and lift heavy devices
• Willingness to work in shifts, attend on calls and weekend work as per schedule
|Company Info||As one of the established software companies in Japan, HCL's primary objective has been to enable the global growth strategy for brands in the region.|
Work 8 hours a day with 1 hour lunch break
(Some changes may occur depending on the customer)
Those who have related experience
Those who have an understanding of multicultural environment
Those who pass the document screening will be contacted within 5 business days.
Document screening → Assuming two online interviews (business team and personnel) → Offer / offer
We perform a background check with your consent before joining the company.
It takes about one month from application to joining the company.
|English Level||Business Conversation Level (TOEIC 735-860)|
|Japanese Level||Business Level(JLPT Level 2 or N2)|
|Salary||JPY - Japanese Yen JPY 4500K - JPY 9000K|
Fully equipped with social insurance
Maternity leave / childcare leave
Benefit stations, etc.
No separate transportation expenses
Annual income is decided according to experience and ability
Annual salary system (including breakdown of fixed salary and quarterly floating bonus)
Welfare: (Social insurance, medical insurance, paid leave, discounts on use of other welfare facilities, assistance in obtaining qualification exams)
Complete weekly two-day system (Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays)
Injury and illness leave
Congratulatory or Condolence Leave
|Nearest Station||Omaezaki City, Shizuoka Prefecture, or Minato Ward, Tokyo|
This posting is managed by:
HCL JAPAN LTD./株式会社エイチシーエル・ジャパン